Help choose btw Mazarine pm red VS. alma bb magenta

kety

Nov 12, 2007
I am debating between Mazarine pm red and alma bb magenta for about 2weeks already. I bought Mazarine pm red for a while, but now I am thinking about if I should go to change it to alma bb magenta when I tried the alma bb in the store a week ago. The size of Mazarine is a good size for me, but it very similar to turenne which I had one. The alma bb when I tired on, I loved it! The color is so beautiful, and the vernis is more durable than emperinte? But the drawback of alma bb is that the size is so tiny, I have to downsize my stuff. Hat should I do? Pick Mazarine or alma be? Please help me decide,TIA. Thanks.

cay01

Jan 20, 2009
Both are beautiful bags! To me, when I'm debating over two bags I always choose the one that is more practical and better suits my needs. If downsizing your things will deter you from grabbing the alma bb more often then I say to keep the mazarine. I don't think vernis is more durable than empreinte.

I have an alma bb and I love it to pieces. I also don't carry very much (vernis key cles with keys, phone, gum and mono cles....I will also carry my mono toiletry 15 on occasion) so the size of the alma bb is not small to me.

Havanese 28

May 4, 2014
I am debating between Mazarine pm red and alma bb magenta for about 2weeks already. I bought Mazarine pm red for a while, but now I am thinking about if I should go to change it to alma bb magenta when I tried the alma bb in the store a week ago. The size of Mazarine is a good size for me, but it very similar to turenne which I had one. The alma bb when I tired on, I loved it! The color is so beautiful, and the vernis is more durable than emperinte? But the drawback of alma bb is that the size is so tiny, I have to downsize my stuff. Hat should I do? Pick Mazarine or alma be? Please help me decide,TIA. Thanks.
You're choosing between two distinctly different bags. For me, I'd choose the Alma BB! I lhave a Vernis Alma BB and find it to be very versatile. It can be dressed up or down and looks so chic. I think the Mazarine is more of a daily bag and has a causal vibe. I have other bags that fit this bill, so the Alma BB is more special. Also, for a small bag it holds quite a bit.

nvie

29 countries...
O.G.
Oct 30, 2006

Mazarine PM is a beautiful bag, love the Empreinte but fact is it's really very similar to Turenne. Alma BB is nice but if you really have to downsize and don't want to, perhaps consider another bag. Lock Me II BB is lovely.

Nov 27, 2014
I'm biased and have two Alma BBs and would get more. If I could.

I think they're the perfect size for me because I don't carry much.

I feel like the turenne and mazarine are very similar. I love that magnetic closure on the bag though.

Think about this: do you want an everyday bag or a fun day bag? You said you carted a lot most days so I think you need to decide if you want to have a new daily workhorse or something for fun.

An alma bb can be dressed up for nights out too compared to the larger mazarine.

I think once you can downsize, you'll love the alma. I love it to bits that is buy many more. I have the DE and Rose nacre. I want the anthracite or the magenta next but I'm looking at a Cluny bB for variety.

Hope this helps. You can't go wrong with either.

pjhm

Oct 10, 2014
Easy answer for me because the strap on the Alma BB can't be adjusted (unless one takes it to the shoe repair and has it cut), and hangs like a little girl's bag on me, so I'd buy the Mazarine Red in a heartbeat!
We all have different body shapes and styles and the Mazarine looks dressy on me, and it's on my wish list, so am totally biased!

Oct 15, 2010
Go with the mazarine for everyday, you have it the red color which is very distinctive from the monogram turenne. It is also prettier than the alma BB magenta.