Help choose between nano luggage and micro belt bag

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all,
    I've been a long time silent member and have always been impressed at the amount of information you can come across in these forums. I would now need you guys' help in choosing my first céline purchase. For the longest time I've been inclined towards having a black celine nano luggage in drummed leather. Its practicality (having a strap and zipper) as well as the style spoke to me. That was until I recently tried it on at the boutique. I'm 5'1" and the bag sat really low..almost touching my knees. The fact that it didn't come with an adjustable strap bummed me out. I know I can wear it cross body but I'm not a big fan.
    The SA then showed me a micro belt bag. It too didn't have an adjustable strap but it sat it bit higher. I liked the overall feel of it but think opening and closing the front flap may be a pain....plus it's hard to forget about the luggage since that's what i had thought of for long. So now i'm confused....
    1) For those with similar height as myself do you own/have owned a nano luggage and how do you feel about the long strap? Is it bothersome? IMG_6855.JPG IMG_6856.JPG IMG_6858.JPG IMG_6861.JPG
    2) I've read a few articles in the céline forum where some have tied knots at the two ends to shorten the strap but i feel that may ruin the leather. Is there any other alternative?
    IMG_6855.JPG IMG_6856.JPG IMG_6858.JPG IMG_6861.JPG

littleblackbag likes this.
  2. i think the nano luggage looks better on you. how about the nano belt? it has an adjustable shoulder strap.

3. The nano luggage does look a bit long on worn on one shoulder, but it looks great as a crossbody bag! Would agree with the above comment to have a try on the nano belt as well (if you like the look of the belt bag). The belt bag (especially the smaller sizes) is not that hard to open and close. Good luck! :smile:

4. I think they both look good, but yes maybe try the Nano Belt too. I have a Micro Belt bag and the flap opening is not troublesome at all. Takes a couple of tries to get used to it and then its fine. So don't let that put you off.

5. Thank you all for your suggestions. I guess I should’ve mentioned in the beginning that I had also tried the nano belt. It looked fine on me and the SA said holds the same amount of stuff as the nano luggage. But I just can’t warm up to it. On top of it my hubby thinks it’s tiny... lol.
    Ughhh i hate being indecisive :-s
    4283A20B-6910-468D-B34A-808D68D28EFC.jpeg

6. I think the nano luggage looks adorable cross-bodied. But if you're uncomfortable with it, then the micro belt would be my 2nd choice for you :smile:

7. I'm thinking of getting the micro belt bag and using a different strap or shorten the strap (by a professional alteration company).

8. I would go with your heart and either shorten the luggage strap professionally or put a different strap on. It’s so on trend to try different straps right now.

9. I think they both look good. The Nano IMO would be an easier bag to get in/out of given flaps require some degree of fiddling. I also think the Nano has a lot more personality. Follow your heart, but don't be hasty. Take a few days to decide. Good luck!