HELP! Chloe Paraty left clasp came off!!!

lovemonty

Mar 26, 2009
Hi everyone,

I just noticed my brand new Chloe Paraty purchased back in June (from HGBangsonline), the left clasp which is held by a thin pin came off! Please look at attached pictures.

I live in N California. I called all the major department stores, but all of them said I need to bring it to Chloe boutique, which none of them are located around me. WHAT should I do? Why would an expensive bag like this break just couple of use???!?

Last edited:
Here are pictures of my broken paraty!!!

Hi everyone,

I just noticed my brand new Chloe Paraty purchased back in June (from HGBangsonline), the left clasp which is held by a thin pin came off! Please look at attached pictures.

I live in N California. I called all the major department stores, but all of them said I need to bring it to Chloe boutique, which none of them are located around me. WHAT should I do? Why would an expensive bag like this break just couple of use???!?

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 2,046
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 909
Can offer no solution only to say I feel your pain. My paraty broke not too long after I got it too. One of the tabs that held the long strap came out. I was able to get it stitched back on but I stopped using the long strap altogether which has lead to me not using the bag at all now days.
Hope you can find some help soon!

That is very upsetting - we are paying so much for these bags - they should be well made. Maybe send an email to the online Chloe boutique or contact ****** & see if they can help you? Click "contact us" towards bottom of Chloe's website & then "after sales service". It says if you are not close to one of their boutiques you can send an email about your issue.

I also had the leather pull ring on my inside zipper come off from the metal attachment on the inside of the bag. It is not broken, I just stuck it back on, but I was surprised. It actually prompted me to check authenticity of my bag. I am quite sure that it is, but because of that, I need to be 100% sure. I also sent an email about it to Chloe last night & am still waiting to hear back. I will let you know what happened.

lovemonty - that really sucks! I wonder if you could get a replacement pin from Chloe in order to reattach it? I would definitely ask Erica (******) and contact the Chloe customer service as others above suggested. I hope you can get it fixed asap.

Best of luck - keep us updated!

That is very upsetting - we are paying so much for these bags - they should be well made. Maybe send an email to the online Chloe boutique or contact ****** & see if they can help you? Click "contact us" towards bottom of Chloe's website & then "after sales service". It says if you are not close to one of their boutiques you can send an email about your issue.

I also had the leather pull ring on my inside zipper come off from the metal attachment on the inside of the bag. It is not broken, I just stuck it back on, but I was surprised. It actually prompted me to check authenticity of my bag. I am quite sure that it is, but because of that, I need to be 100% sure. I also sent an email about it to Chloe last night & am still waiting to hear back. I will let you know what happened.

I have not heard back from Chloe yet, but it is the weekend, so maybe tomorrow. I showed my paraty to the sales associates at Saks & both of them said mine is authentic, so I am very relieved. I also compared mine & theirs side by side & they were identical. As far as the zipper pull ring issue, I have opened & closed the zipper on my bag quite a few times since it happened & it was not falling off again, so I am not sure why that happened.

Hi,

Thank you for all the moral support.

I spoke to Erica (******), but she said to go to a Chloe Boutique. I know for fact that all ****** are authentic, therefore not too worried about that part. When I tried calling the nearest Chloe boutique for me, which is in LA. For some reason, the phone number is no longer in service?!

8450 Melrose Place
Los Angeles, CA 90069-5308
(323) 602-0000

I also went to Chloe online and submitted my request on 9/19/2011. I received this email response in return, but have not heard anything back since...

Thank you for your interest in Chloé.

We well received your message on chloe.com and we will be answering it as soon as we have the information.

Please use this reference if you need to contact us about your message: #ADVZ:69096-xxxx

Kind Regards,
Chloé Customer Information Service.
ps: this is an automated email. Please do not reply to it!

Will keep everyone updated if I hear anything...

Correction on the date when I submitted the complain to Chloe.com - Aug 19th, 2011 (not Sep...)

Hi,

Thank you for all the moral support.

I spoke to Erica (******), but she said to go to a Chloe Boutique. I know for fact that all ****** are authentic, therefore not too worried about that part. When I tried calling the nearest Chloe boutique for me, which is in LA. For some reason, the phone number is no longer in service?!

8450 Melrose Place
Los Angeles, CA 90069-5308
(323) 602-0000

I also went to Chloe online and submitted my request on 8/19/2011. I received this email response in return, but have not heard anything back since...

Thank you for your interest in Chloé.

We well received your message on chloe.com and we will be answering it as soon as we have the information.

Please use this reference if you need to contact us about your message: #ADVZ:69096-xxxx

Kind Regards,
Chloé Customer Information Service.
ps: this is an automated email. Please do not reply to it!

Will keep everyone updated if I hear anything...

Some more updates...

Just called the Las Vegas Chloe boutique. A nice lady asked me to send her the pictures and she'll forward it to the corporate office to see if anyone could send me the "pin" to fix the clasp.

Fingers crossed!

Chloe.com wrote back!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Here's what they have to say:
Thank you for your interest in Chloe! I am sorry to hear about this.

If possible, can you please send me an image of your bag and of the pin that fell off ( if you still have it). I have the cross bar in the showroom. I may have to order the pin from Paris which can take up to 4-6 weeks. It would be great to see an image! Thanks!

Best,

Chloé Customer Relations

Please use this reference if you need to contact us about your message: #ADVZ:XXXXXXX

Chloe.com wrote back!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Here's what they have to say:
Thank you for your interest in Chloe! I am sorry to hear about this.

If possible, can you please send me an image of your bag and of the pin that fell off ( if you still have it). I have the cross bar in the showroom. I may have to order the pin from Paris which can take up to 4-6 weeks. It would be great to see an image! Thanks!

Best,

Chloé Customer Relations

Please use this reference if you need to contact us about your message: #ADVZ:XXXXXXX

Wow! That is wonderful! So happy for you!

They emailed me back first thing this morning & asked for pictures as well! Great service!