HELP! Chargeback after 5 Months ????

neogeek

Mar 17, 2009
I sold a used Coach bag back in Jun this year - the buyer was happy with the purchase and left me a positive feedback. Last week she contacted me and ask if I have an proof of authenticity - receipt etc. She claimed that she tried to sell the same bag in a handbag club and was told it was fake. I told her the bag I sold her is authentic but I no longer have the receipt since I owned it for more than 2 years. As for her problem with her buyer, I asked her to contact an authentication service online.

My photos on the original eBay auction has been removed because it has been so long. She asked me to provide her photos of the bag I sold her so that she can pass it along to the authentication service.

I refused to do so in fear that she may use my photos in her dispute with her buyer. I told her that she should be using the photos she has of the bag in her possession for 5 months for the authentication service.

The next day, she filed a non as described case in Paypal but it was closed immediately because it has past the 45 days period. I called Paypal and they told me that not to worry because it has been so long.

Today, Paypal held my funds because she filed a chargeback. Just wondering if anyone has any experience in cases like this?

OMG------handbag club? As in purse parties? They wouldn't know what a real bag looks like so of course they would think it is fake!
She can't take her own photos? WTH is wrong with people! smh

would call them again.. it is well past 45 days for pp and probably for her

cc as well.. although some cc have a longer period to file...

Paypal has a list of things for me to provide them so that they can dispute the case for me. I did read that some credit cards have 180 days to dispute their purchases.

What is scary in situations like these is that a buyer can file a chargeback, get their money back and still keep the item. It is a serious loophole in the whole online trading scheme of things.

When I did my chargeback, I provided proof to visa.

Paypal told me that the credit card company will require the buyer return the item to me and provide tracking. But this does not mean that the buyer could have bait and switch or used the item for 5 months before returning the item to me. This could get really messy ;(

Paypal told me that the credit card company will require the buyer return the item to me and provide tracking. But this does not mean that the buyer could have bait and switch or used the item for 5 months before returning the item to me. This could get really messy ;(

Some people are just scammers. What about Paypal sellers protection? Doesn't this apply?

The buyer initially open a non as described case against me and it was closed immediately because it has past the 45-day period, so I guess that is Paypal sellers protection.

Please review paypal policy. It covers against charge-back. I do not have personal experience however it is there in their policy.

Please review paypal policy. It covers against charge-back. I do not have personal experience however it is there in their policy.

From Paypal's webpage:
When you are not covered:

• Items are picked up locally or delivered in person.
  • You sell services, intangible items, or digital goods.
  • You receive multiple payments for the same item.
  • You've received a claim or a chargeback, and the shipped item is found to be significantly different than it was described

From Paypal's webpage:
When you are not covered:

• Items are picked up locally or delivered in person.
  • You sell services, intangible items, or digital goods.
  • You receive multiple payments for the same item.
  • You've received a claim or a chargeback, and the shipped item is found to be significantly different than it was described

But it is not a snad. It is authentic. If you still have the pics, it should be fine.

But it is not a snad. It is authentic. If you still have the pics, it should be fine.

unfortunately that's not the case. this will be a long and hard fight. once paypal gets a chargeback on a snad - they side with the buyer. i have heard of cases where after losing the case sellers would appeal - and they get their money back but they get it from paypal, so the buyer gets away with the scam.

and it's a long, tedious and stressful process, you will be calling them 10 times a day.

hopefully i'm wrong and yours will be an easy one

ETA limom, what i'm trying to say that the seller might know that it's authentic but the buyer is saying it's a fake (so it's SNAD). paypal will ask for an authentication letter from the buyer (the buyer can take any fake to get authenticated) and then will either tell them to destroy it or ship it back. the buyer can then ship an old shoe with SC (or the fake or whatever) and that's it, the buyer gets the money back.