HELP! Chanel Mini Vanity Case

Junke

Jan 14, 2011
Hi! This is my first thread ever. I'm usually too shy to start one but I can't find much information on the Filigree Vanity Case in size mini, and I'm feeling pretty desperate. I was wondering if those of you who own this bag in the mini size could give me your opinions in order to help me decide on whether this bag is worth it. I have only seen this bag in person once at the Broad on a tall and extremely gorgeous girl who was wearing the mini in a black and blue combination. It was beautiful on her, but the limited pictures online have me second guessing whether I actually like it. I'm starting to think that it's quite bigger and bulkier than how I remember it on the girl at the Broad. Unfortunately, I don't have access to see the bag in person because the boutiques in my state are all sold out of the mini size. :sad:

Any opinions and/or mod pics would be super helpful! Thank you in advance! :heart:

Hi! This is my first thread ever. I'm usually too shy to start one but I can't find much information on the Filigree Vanity Case in size mini, and I'm feeling pretty desperate. I was wondering if those of you who own this bag in the mini size could give me your opinions in order to help me decide on whether this bag is worth it. I have only seen this bag in person once at the Broad on a tall and extremely gorgeous girl who was wearing the mini in a black and blue combination. It was beautiful on her, but the limited pictures online have me second guessing whether I actually like it. I'm starting to think that it's quite bigger and bulkier than how I remember it on the girl at the Broad. Unfortunately, I don't have access to see the bag in person because the boutiques in my state are all sold out of the mini size. :sad:

Any opinions and/or mod pics would be super helpful! Thank you in advance! :heart:
It's a pretty tiny bag. I don't think you'll be disappointed at all, if small is what you're looking for. :smile:

I love mine. I'm 5'8" though. I do think this is such a cute bag and I use it a lot because it gives a casual vibe and pretty much matches everything. It's not too dressed up like the classic flap but when hand held it looks so cute and elegant at the same time. In a neutral color, I thought it was just loud enough but not too loud (if you know what I mean?)

I don't carry lots so the mini size is perfect. I also happen to think that the mini size is the prettiest size for me simply because I like 1) cross body (whereas the other larger sizes cannot) and 2) I find the proportion less clunky and therefore more sleek looking - because it's already quite boxy I find the larger sizes even more so and didn't like it sticking out too much like that personally.

Here are some mod shots as requested - they're old from over a year ago when it first came out, I get lazy and don't take enough photos, but hope it helps your decision. :smile: Good luck!
2016-04-24 22.41.25_resized.jpg 2016-04-30 18.37.13_resized.jpg 2016-04-30 18.42.01_resized.jpg

I love mine. I'm 5'8" though. I do think this is such a cute bag and I use it a lot because it gives a casual vibe and pretty much matches everything. It's not too dressed up like the classic flap but when hand held it looks so cute and elegant at the same time. In a neutral color, I thought it was just loud enough but not too loud (if you know what I mean?)

I don't carry lots so the mini size is perfect. I also happen to think that the mini size is the prettiest size for me simply because I like 1) cross body (whereas the other larger sizes cannot) and 2) I find the proportion less clunky and therefore more sleek looking - because it's already quite boxy I find the larger sizes even more so and didn't like it sticking out too much like that personally.

Here are some mod shots as requested - they're old from over a year ago when it first came out, I get lazy and don't take enough photos, but hope it helps your decision. :smile: Good luck!
View attachment 3672619 View attachment 3672620 View attachment 3672622

Omg so cute, especially when it's hand held! :nuts:

Yeah, I'm just concerned that it will look clunky in me because I'm only 5'3. But thanks for the informative reply!

Hi ladies!

Is the interior color of the all beige chanel vanity case still burgundy?or they changed it to all beige interior for 2017?

Hope someone can help. :smile:

Thank you!

It is so cute :heart: :heart: :heart: I keep thinking about this bag. I so desperately want it but the price has gone up so much here (it's £700 more than a rectangular mini now) - I'm struggling to justify it for such a small bag (that also isn't a classic)... but I LOVE it! Argh - Chanel why do you do this to me?! ;)

Have you found the beige is prone to colour transfer? I keep thinking a dark colour would be more practical, but I love the look of the beige :heart:

It is so cute :heart: :heart: :heart: I keep thinking about this bag. I so desperately want it but the price has gone up so much here (it's £700 more than a rectangular mini now) - I'm struggling to justify it for such a small bag (that also isn't a classic)... but I LOVE it! Argh - Chanel why do you do this to me?! ;)

Have you found the beige is prone to colour transfer? I keep thinking a dark colour would be more practical, but I love the look of the beige :heart:
hmmm I do love the bag personally. Although Chanel doesn't call it classic. I consider it a classic because the vanity case style has been a Chanel staple (like the camera case, it's been there and "reinvented" many times though still same silhouette if you know what I mean).

On the price, I didn't realize that it went up this year? I bought mine in 2016 so I didn't know.

I found that for a light color bag, this bag's caviar leather is quite sturdy and as such because it's caviar it's less prone to color transfer than other light color bags that are not in caviar leather. that said, awareness when wearing it would go a long way (please note I said awareness, not fear - and that's what I find this bag does well, just normal precaution works well and doesn't require fear like other light colored lambskin or calfskin bags, which is nice). I've been wearing mine for over a year on and off, and no color transfer whatsoever. I personally rather buy the color I love and just take normal reasonable care and enjoy it, rather than get it in color that I don't love. however, it of course depends on your personal level of comfort with the light color bags overall.

good luck with your decision :smile:

Reactions: CeePee08 and Junke

Does your mini have a zip middle compartment too?