Help: Chanel classic beige vs cruise beige

Juliet 2811

Nov 18, 2019
Hi all. I’m interested in buying a Chanel classic flap jumbo in beige. When I went into the store to look, they had the classic beige and this lighter beige that’s almost a bone color that just came out last week. The lighting here isn’t the best, but the classic beige has a yellow undertone. I’m leaning towards the bone color, but am slightly hesitating bc I don’t think it’s considered classic. Just wanted to get your opinions and for those with a lighter colored Chanel bag, did you deal with color transfer? Thanks!

Attachments

• 1E092135-44B2-4331-9BBF-74530A4FFC2B.jpeg
    1E092135-44B2-4331-9BBF-74530A4FFC2B.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 474
Hi all. I’m interested in buying a Chanel classic flap jumbo in beige. When I went into the store to look, they had the classic beige and this lighter beige that’s almost a bone color that just came out last week. The lighting here isn’t the best, but the classic beige has a yellow undertone. I’m leaning towards the bone color, but am slightly hesitating bc I don’t think it’s considered classic. Just wanted to get your opinions and for those with a lighter colored Chanel bag, did you deal with color transfer? Thanks!
I think the new beige for Cruise is so pretty and personally prefer it over the classic beige. Plus the hardware makes it an easy choice the bright gold on the classic beige does make it look older so yeah I agree with Nashpoo. Go with the new beige with the lsghw! :smile:)

Which chanel store was this at? I really want the smaller size!

I think it really depends what you plan to wear with the bag. The classic beige goes with everything, all year round, and holds its own against heavy tweeds and other more winter type fabrics as well. I don’t see the cruise beige looking right against a
“Wintery” look (fur or heavy coat etc) but it seems like you are in Southern California so that probably wouldn’t affect you?

I love the cruise beige. Chanel classic beige always look too yellow for my liking. I got the iridescent beige last collection because it didn’t have that yellow undertone. I would definitely go with the cruise beige. It’s just as classic looking as “Chanel classic” and IMO more eye catching.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I went in yesterday ready to buy the Cruise beige. They had 2 in stock. One of them already had a black stain on it AND the chain wasn't working properly. A piece of the leather on the chain was protruding out, so it was hindering the chain from smoothly being adjusted from double strap to single. I pointed it out to the SA and she just told me, "well this bag is brand new." Umm ok, yeah, exactly, so it should be in perfect condition. She let me look at the other one they had and on that one, the leather was scuffed and the outside flap seemed a bit crooked. So needless to say, I passed on the bag. Very disappointing experience. For a $7,000 purse, it should be in absolute perfect condition. Has anyone experienced recent quality issues with Chanel? At this point, I may just look into the preloved market. Very disappointing.

Reactions: vanillaicepink
Congrats! Beautiful bag. How insulting that the attitude about the damaged bag was treated as no big deal. I hope no one accepts it (unless they get it at a steep discount) and Chanel ends up eating it.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I went in yesterday ready to buy the Cruise beige. They had 2 in stock. One of them already had a black stain on it AND the chain wasn't working properly. A piece of the leather on the chain was protruding out, so it was hindering the chain from smoothly being adjusted from double strap to single. I pointed it out to the SA and she just told me, "well this bag is brand new." Umm ok, yeah, exactly, so it should be in perfect condition. She let me look at the other one they had and on that one, the leather was scuffed and the outside flap seemed a bit crooked. So needless to say, I passed on the bag. Very disappointing experience. For a $7,000 purse, it should be in absolute perfect condition. Has anyone experienced recent quality issues with Chanel? At this point, I may just look into the preloved market. Very disappointing.
Yes happened to me with a boy wallet. I had to return it bc it didn’t close properly. Even the SA agrees he bought another out but that had poor stitching so we had to order one. I hope that one is ok

Reactions: vanillaicepink

omg that is awful