help!! chain on my woc looks like this... is this normal??

ellah012

Jun 2, 2014
Hi fellow PF peeps,

As some of you may know I recently got a woc... I've used it two times and on the second time using it I noticed this on my chain... Is this normal?? What should I do? I purchased this at Saks while I was in Atlanta but I am now back in Toronto. Will the Chanel store here take care of it??? Or do I need to contact the rep at Saks??

I am honestly quite shock that this has happened and don't know what to do :sad: should i return it??

Any input would be appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

• InstagramCapture_64dfaaea-5a3b-4010-98b1-a400efce064d.jpg
    InstagramCapture_64dfaaea-5a3b-4010-98b1-a400efce064d.jpg
    536 KB · Views: 1,737
Sorry this happened to you. It shouldn't be like that. Looks like a defect on the leather. Best contact Chanel customer service. They should fix it for you.

I will keep you posted. :smile: I'm lucky enough that my aunt is coming to visit (from atl) and she can take the bag back to the store for me. Fingers crossed for good news!

YAY! I hope they have another one for you to exchange into. I would still let the SA know what happened so you are not bound by the 30 day return policy that SAKS have.

So update on the woc, my aunt didn't end up coming to Canada for the long weekend, but I went to the Chanel boutique at Yorkdale and they said that they can 'fix' the broken chain. No return or exchange since their location doesn't carry the black patent leather woc... So, I have two options now... I get them to send the woc to get fixed or I Fedex/UPS it to Atlanta to get it returned.... What should I do? :sad: :sad:

I would be tempted to return the woc, since it is defective. However, it depends a lot on how much you like it and on how difficult is to get a new one.

I would just be paranoid that since it's defective to begin with that something will happen again even after getting it fixed. Personally I'd take the refund and purchase something else.

Sorry this happened to you!

Agree with the previous post - I'd be worried that it would break again even after getting fixed. I'd return it and find something else. Since it is black, it's a color that is available all year round so chances are you'll find it again.