Help!!! Céline Luggage Tote Tragedy...

MeNiNaDoce

Aug 3, 2011
Hello,

About two months ago I revealed my brand new Céline Black Mini Luggage Tote for my birthday. I found it after making a ton of phone calls! I managed to tracked two down. One in the Céline store in Miami and one in Nordstrom in VA. I was going to buy the bag at the Céline store here in Miami but since I was traveling I was not able to go into the store to check the bag out. I'm an over the shoulder bag girl so I was concerned over not liking the hand held Mini Luggage Tote. Once the SA told me the Céline store policy of credit only for returns, I decided to buy it from Nordstrom which has a much more open return policy and great customer service all around.

So about a week ago as I was waiting to get my nails done I noticed that the handles of my 2 month old bag were cracked!!! :faint: The cracks were going across horizontally and on both handles but more visible in one where you could see the white coming through the leather! :cry: I panicked and immediately text the SA from Virginia. And when she didn't respond I called. She told me to take it immediately to my nearest Nordstrom.

Last week I left my bag with Nordstrom who was going to ship the bag out to their Bag Doctors to see if it can even be fixed. As the cracks, cracked through the pipping on the handles!!!! In the mean time they have put me on the top of the list to be notified of a new bag immediately so I can exchange my bag. If a Black Mini Luggage were to even come in!

So now I think, is it even worth getting new one? Will this happen again???? I looked through the forum even before I purchased and saw nothing like this. I searched again last week and found nothing similar. I don't even know if it is worth keeping my bag! Maybe its defective?

Also, I did not realize Céline doesn't do repairs!!!! I guess I was expecting them to be like LV or Chanel where you take it in your bag and they assess the damage and
they take care it from there. But I called and was told they don't do repairs.

So anyways, all my fellow Céline lovers you're input would be appreciated as this is the only Céline bag i've ever own! Let me know your thoughts on what I should do!!!! :crybaby::rain:

Thanks!!!!

Oh that is so scary! I hope you get a good outcome. Please keep us updated.
I hope celine will replace it for you and not say it's just general wear and tear. All the best!!!!

Hello,

About two months ago I revealed my brand new Céline Black Mini Luggage Tote for my birthday. I found it after making a ton of phone calls! I managed to tracked two down. One in the Céline store in Miami and one in Nordstrom in VA. I was going to buy the bag at the Céline store here in Miami but since I was traveling I was not able to go into the store to check the bag out. I'm an over the shoulder bag girl so I was concerned over not liking the hand held Mini Luggage Tote. Once the SA told me the Céline store policy of credit only for returns, I decided to buy it from Nordstrom which has a much more open return policy and great customer service all around.

So about a week ago as I was waiting to get my nails done I noticed that the handles of my 2 month old bag were cracked!!! :faint: The cracks were going across horizontally and on both handles but more visible in one where you could see the white coming through the leather! :cry: I panicked and immediately text the SA from Virginia. And when she didn't respond I called. She told me to take it immediately to my nearest Nordstrom.

Last week I left my bag with Nordstrom who was going to ship the bag out to their Bag Doctors to see if it can even be fixed. As the cracks, cracked through the pipping on the handles!!!! In the mean time they have put me on the top of the list to be notified of a new bag immediately so I can exchange my bag. If a Black Mini Luggage were to even come in!

So now I think, is it even worth getting new one? Will this happen again???? I looked through the forum even before I purchased and saw nothing like this. I searched again last week and found nothing similar. I don't even know if it is worth keeping my bag! Maybe its defective?

Also, I did not realize Céline doesn't do repairs!!!! I guess I was expecting them to be like LV or Chanel where you take it in your bag and they assess the damage and
they take care it from there. But I called and was told they don't do repairs.

So anyways, all my fellow Céline lovers you're input would be appreciated as this is the only Céline bag i've ever own! Let me know your thoughts on what I should do!!!! :crybaby::rain:

Thanks!!!!
I'm so sorry to hear that.

Totally agree about Nordstrom. They have the BEST after sale service compares to other stores. I once have an issue with my Paraty color transfer issue after using it for 4 months, Nordstrom sent it to do a spa and it came back nearly like new.

Although Celine doesn't accept return but I believe in just two month they will sure do the exchange for you. It happened to one of our friend here before.

Anyway let's wait and see.

Oh that is so scary! I hope you get a good outcome. Please keep us updated.
I hope celine will replace it for you and not say it's just general wear and tear. All the best!!!!
Thank you! Céline is not repairing it! Nordstrom is sending it out to their repair people. From what I was explained, Céline does not repair bags. I called them. I think they do exchange or credit if you have receipt of having purchased it with the actual Céline store. But since I bought mine with Nordstrom they have to take care of it for me. As of yet, I have no update. I called them to inquire but they told me they don't get an update from their repairs. If it can't be fixed it gets send back without repairs. If they fix it they send it back when it's repaired. So I'm waiting. :wondering

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Totally agree about Nordstrom. They have the BEST after sale service compares to other stores. I once have an issue with my Paraty color transfer issue after using it for 4 months, Nordstrom sent it to do a spa and it came back nearly like new.

Although Celine doesn't accept return but I believe in just two month they will sure do the exchange for you. It happened to one of our friend here before.

Anyway let's wait and see.
Yes, I feel better knowing that Nordstrom has amazing customer service. They told if I don't like it for whatever reason when I get it back, I can still return it. And did your friend by her bag at the Céline store? I called them directly as they have a store here in Miami but they told me they don't do repairs. So that's why I just took it straight to Nordstrom. If they did repairs I would have preferred Céline to fix my bag! So now I'll wait to see what happens!

Thank you! Céline is not repairing it! Nordstrom is sending it out to their repair people. From what I was explained, Céline does not repair bags. I called them. I think they do exchange or credit if you have receipt of having purchased it with the actual Céline store. But since I bought mine with Nordstrom they have to take care of it for me. As of yet, I have no update. I called them to inquire but they told me they don't get an update from their repairs. If it can't be fixed it gets send back without repairs. If they fix it they send it back when it's repaired. So I'm waiting. :wondering

oh! well I hope you dont have to wait too much longer and it comes back repaired! all the best xx

Yes, I feel better knowing that Nordstrom has amazing customer service. They told if I don't like it for whatever reason when I get it back, I can still return it. And did your friend by her bag at the Céline store? I called them directly as they have a store here in Miami but they told me they don't do repairs. So that's why I just took it straight to Nordstrom. If they did repairs I would have preferred Céline to fix my bag! So now I'll wait to see what happens!
The girl I mentioned is one of our tPfer here. Yes Celine did an exception for that case. They exchanged her a new bag.

At least you are lucky buying from Nordstrom. In the end you can return it no matter what. Can't imagine what will happen if you bought from other stores.

^^