Help! Cartier Love or Rolex?

I don't really have a good answer for that...Haha my eyes just gravitate toward Rolex timepieces over Cartier timepieces...

I just think that Rolex is a "show-off" brand, meaning that everyone knows Rolex and everyone knows "expensive". Altough they hold their Price pretty good, if you will ever sell it youll probaply loose money but not as much as with other watches.

When you see someone with a Cartier (or almost every watch except Patek and AP, altough AP is a bit more special) I think he didnt buy it to show off and rather wants to be lowkey.

What would be your budget ?

Would there be a Rolex model which you like? smth to find similar watches

I just think that Rolex is a "show-off" brand, meaning that everyone knows Rolex and everyone knows "expensive". Altough they hold their Price pretty good, if you will ever sell it youll probaply loose money but not as much as with other watches.

When you see someone with a Cartier (or almost every watch except Patek and AP, altough AP is a bit more special) I think he didnt buy it to show off and rather wants to be lowkey.

What would be your budget ?

Would there be a Rolex model which you like? smth to find similar watches

Hey kakamaka,

Thanks for sharing your opinions. I quite like the Rolex domed diamond-set bezel, but since I am saving up for a watch in general, and have some time to think about it, I will be sure to check out other watch brands when I go shopping next! Thanks for your suggestions!

Yay, great minds think alike! I've decided on YG but am stuck between size 16 and 17... What are you getting?
Hubby plans on getting me the YG Love (or RG his choice. Whatever color he picks I will match the other items. RG looks better on my skin but the YG is classic in my opinion.) Love size:18 for our anniversary in June but hopefully early. like this weekend :smile: I will wear them on my right hand where my size is larger. The JUC in YG with be size: 17. I'm also thinking adding a YG love ring for my middle finger and stacking a RG one down the road. When are you getting yours? So exciting!!!!

Hubby plans on getting me the YG Love (or RG his choice. Whatever color he picks I will match the other items. RG looks better on my skin but the YG is classic in my opinion.) Love size:18 for our anniversary in June but hopefully early. like this weekend :smile: I will wear them on my right hand where my size is larger. The JUC in YG with be size: 17. I'm also thinking adding a YG love ring for my middle finger and stacking a RG one down the road. When are you getting yours? So exciting!!!!

You really can't go wrong with either RG or YG! I was all for RG before and was so sure with the decision, but now I am YG all the way! Are you getting it this weekend?! How exciting! Your future collection sounds so amazing with the Love and JUC and love ring too! I am planning on getting mine in a week or two! Just the one bracelet for me though :lol:

I know I’m several years late but I’m having the same dilemma right now :lol:

I‘ve tried the Rolex two toned datejust in store and the Cartier Love in YG and I’m torn as to what to spend for first.Both cost a lot of money and I can’t just spend willy-nilly!
I’m now wondering what OP ended up getting first and if in the end, she went after the second one.

Attachments

• 3396AC6E-FD6C-48BA-90E4-4901C19E8A36.jpeg
    3396AC6E-FD6C-48BA-90E4-4901C19E8A36.jpeg
    137.4 KB · Views: 135
  • A02815F5-7B3C-45CB-ACBC-D2A6CB5C2F05.jpeg
    A02815F5-7B3C-45CB-ACBC-D2A6CB5C2F05.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 142

I‘ve tried the Rolex two toned datejust in store and the Cartier Love in YG and I’m torn as to what to spend for first.Both cost a lot of money and I can’t just spend willy-nilly!
I’m now wondering what OP ended up getting first and if in the end, she went after the second one.
Rolex hands down

Beautiful watch! Do you mind if I ask what size is it? I’m looking at the same one but can’t decide btwn a 31 and 36...

I was debating btwn the two and ended up getting the love first. I figured it would get more use since I wear my Apple Watch most days anyway. But I’m still lusting after a rolex and hope to add one to my collection soon. You really can’t go wrong with either option!

Reactions: Yodabest

I have both and got the Rolex first.

Do you already own the RG rainbow love pictured? Or were you just trying it on in the boutique? If you already own the other love, then hands down, get the Rolex. I’m even inclined to say either way, get the Rolex.

Do you plan to own both down the line?

Reactions: Cococovered
Beautiful watch! Do you mind if I ask what size is it? I’m looking at the same one but can’t decide btwn a 31 and 36...

I was debating btwn the two and ended up getting the love first. I figured it would get more use since I wear my Apple Watch most days anyway. But I’m still lusting after a rolex and hope to add one to my collection soon. You really can’t go wrong with either option!

I have the 31 and I think it’s a good option. Watch trends seem to come and go with large faces vs smaller ones. 36 is LARGE, where 31 looks to be a size that will never go out of style.

I think it also depends on the size of your wrist though and your size/build.

Hi yenniecmc, OP here!

I ended up getting the Love bracelet first in YG! And I am planning on getting my first Rolex soon, actually. Just waiting for the next time we can travel as I wanted to get it during a vacation/trip. I chose to get the Love first as I had really wanted something fancy on me 24/7. It just feels so luxurious even when I am just in PJs at home :biggrin: I think either choice will be great though, as you can't really complain about having either ;) Both the bracelet and watch look beautiful on you... I am going to choose a two-tone Datejust as well! Let us know what you end up choosing first!!

Reactions: *xtina and Yodabest
I got the love bracelet in YG first too because I already had a cartier watch. I wish I got the Rolex first though. I’m going to get a date just two tone for my birthday! Great minds think alike!
I think I rushed into my love purchase without research so the sizing isn’t right . More comfortable with watches because easy to resize.

Thank you! The ones I tried in store were 28mm. I have a small wrist and any bigger, it would seem like the watch would be wearing me! :P I tried one with the stainless steel bracelet and one with the two-toned bracelet and I think I like the two-toned version more. It felt like jewelry.

Rolex hands down
Thank you!

I have both and got the Rolex first.

Do you already own the RG rainbow love pictured? Or were you just trying it on in the boutique? If you already own the other love, then hands down, get the Rolex. I’m even inclined to say either way, get the Rolex.

Do you plan to own both down the line?
Thank you! Yeah, the SA also wanted me to try the RG so I could see how it looks on my skin tone. I think I would stick with YG however if I do end up purchasing. I do plan to get both down the line. When I was organizing my wishlist for 2021, I have quite naively put down the Love bracelet for March for my birthday and the Rolex for April for my work anniversary. Now I’m realizing how silly that actually was considering the price points!
To spread it out, I’m now considering getting the Love in January for our wedding anniversary and the Rolex towards the end of the year.

Hi yenniecmc, OP here!

I ended up getting the Love bracelet first in YG! And I am planning on getting my first Rolex soon, actually. Just waiting for the next time we can travel as I wanted to get it during a vacation/trip. I chose to get the Love first as I had really wanted something fancy on me 24/7. It just feels so luxurious even when I am just in PJs at home :biggrin: I think either choice will be great though, as you can't really complain about having either ;) Both the bracelet and watch look beautiful on you... I am going to choose a two-tone Datejust as well! Let us know what you end up choosing first!!

Thank you! I think I was inclined to get the Love first too but when I tried the Rolex at the store in Amsterdam airport before flying stateside last weekend, I got distracted! :lol:

I’m glad to hear you’ve been enjoying your Love bracelet! These are the type of feedback one loves to hear while on the brink of making a huge purchase. I’ll definitely update you. Thank you, again and good luck with watch hunting!

I got the love bracelet in YG first too because I already had a cartier watch. I wish I got the Rolex first though. I’m going to get a date just two tone for my birthday! Great minds think alike!
I think I rushed into my love purchase without research so the sizing isn’t right . More comfortable with watches because easy to resize.

Thank you! I’m so glad to hear your thoughts because I’m in a similar situation. I have a Cartier watch as well,a vintage one my mother passed on to me, and this is why I thought I’d get the bracelet first. I’ll mull it over since the Rolex two-toned datejust does feel like such a classic! I’m so excited for you and I hope you do end up getting one for your birthday.