HELP!! Cartier Love Necklace or VCA Alhambra??

Which would you choose?

• Cartier Love Necklace (Diamonds)

• VCA Alhambra Necklace

Results are only viewable after voting.

teenagebaby

Nov 7, 2011
Hi everyone! I realize I'm posting this on a VCA forum. I'm looking to buy a classic piece that won't go out of style, simple but timeless and hopefully I can pass on to my daughter (granted I'm only in my 20s :biggrin:)

I can't decide between the Cartier rose gold diamond love necklace or the VCA Alhambra (not sure which stone to choose yet)

I feel like bang for your buck wise, the Cartier love necklace might take the win here because my friend made a good point that the Alhambra is made of a precious stone and gold, rose gold or white gold depending on which one you choose. But the Cartier love necklace has diamonds, which may hold their value better overtime.

In terms of design, as of right now I'm leaning slightly towards the VCA Alhambra necklace. But since I'm considering this piece for the long run which do you think will be more time enduring in terms of design??

Also I know in terms of history and prestige both brands are on the same level. But which do you feel is more heirloom status worthy?

I've already checked out the Cartier necklace in person yesterday and I'm going to Van cleef this Friday. So most likely I will be buying either one of these 2 necklace by this week. So any inputs are appreciated! And if you think the Alhambra is a better choice which stone do you prefer??

Which would you choose??

Attachments

• VCA.jpg
    VCA.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 10,602
  • cartier.jpg
    cartier.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 3,588
the VCA pendant is available in all gold too + VCA has a perlee necklace that is quite pretty + dainty too....

I love many jewelers but I really love Tiffany Schlumberger so I'm throwing you a curve ball and suggesting a look at the Lynn necklace too!

I think pearls or a diamond solitaire would be the most classic heirloom type pieces but if I had to pick between these two, I'd go for VCA in the all gold!

Have fun!

Reactions: Fendilover5
I think the VCA is very classic and has a LOT more presence on the neck! I'm not sure the diamonds on the Cartier piece are big enough to make an impact. I'd agree with the previous poster, VCA all gold for durability and wearability. As you're in your 20's you might really suit the Sweet size.

When my daughter was your age my husband and I bought her a YG turquoise vintage alhambra pendant for Christmas one year. To this day it is one of her most cherished possessions. Since you have made up your mind between the two pieces I think you need to just see which one you like the most-it has to be a personal decision. Don't worry about the piece holding its value because if you plan on keeping it in your family it will not matter. I can only speak for for VCA on that topic - and VCA has held its value throughout the years. You might want to consider one of the Holiday Pendants that have a diamond in the center. I think they are usually available in October and you can also get it engraved on the back with your initals which would even make it more special to pass on someday. Below are two photos of my vintage pendants and the engraving by VCA.

Good Luck with whatever you decide to purchase.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4,160
  • FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,328
These pictures are gorgeous! I resize pictures at Picmonkey.com. I think I usually make them 350 wide. Kimber418 I have a turquoise question which you may be able to answer, I will post in the turquoise thread. To the OP I think you should go with VCA!

Another vote for VCA! I am in a similar age group and not a fan of that Cartier. How did you feel when you tried it on?

I don't think you need to worry about value too much in either case; however, I second the all gold or pave suggestion if durability is a concern.

When my daughter was your age my husband and I bought her a YG turquoise vintage alhambra pendant for Christmas one year. To this day it is one of her most cherished possessions. Since you have made up your mind between the two pieces I think you need to just see which one you like the most-it has to be a personal decision. Don't worry about the piece holding its value because if you plan on keeping it in your family it will not matter. I can only speak for for VCA on that topic - and VCA has held its value throughout the years. You might want to consider one of the Holiday Pendants that have a diamond in the center. I think they are usually available in October and you can also get it engraved on the back with your initals which would even make it more special to pass on someday. Below are two photos of my vintage pendants and the engraving by VCA.

I love this advice.
Perfect ❤️

the pendants with diamonds are just precious! and yes totally agree with you....

Thank you for the advice palmbeachpink :lol:
I totally agree with you, diamonds or pearls are the classics of the classic!
the Tiffany Schlumberger line is gorgeous, I've never taken notice of this line until now, I love all the colors with this line but I'm not sure if I will love it long enough to pass down to:thinking::thinking:

the VCA pendant is available in all gold too + VCA has a perlee necklace that is quite pretty + dainty too....

I love many jewelers but I really love Tiffany Schlumberger so I'm throwing you a curve ball and suggesting a look at the Lynn necklace too!

I think pearls or a diamond solitaire would be the most classic heirloom type pieces but if I had to pick between these two, I'd go for VCA in the all gold!

Have fun!
Thank you for the advice palmbeachpink
I totally agree with you, diamonds or pearls are the classics of the classic!
the Tiffany Schlumberger line is gorgeous, I've never taken notice of this line until now, I love all the colors with this line but I'm not sure if I will love it long enough to pass down to

I think the VCA is very classic and has a LOT more presence on the neck! I'm not sure the diamonds on the Cartier piece are big enough to make an impact. I'd agree with the previous poster, VCA all gold for durability and wearability. As you're in your 20's you might really suit the Sweet size.
That's actually a really great point, thank you!!:hugs:
Do you currently have any alhambras in your collection? I'd love to hear what you think about them in terms of daily wear, since they come in so many colored stones are they easy to match outfits with?