Help! Card verification issues buying at saks from Aussie!

hidayahramli

Aug 16, 2014
Hello ladies,

I've been hunting this one bag down and Saks nyc have it on hold for me at the moment. However, when I tried to pay with my australian Visa card, it's declined and didnt say why. I called my bank and been told that there are no issues - sufficient funds and no transactions that bounce back and it should be all good. Has anyone have similiar problems before? Can you please share? Help, they have it on hold for me till tomorrow - then they have to let it go if the card still doesnt work. :sad:

Hi, I have mentioned earlier in purse forum last week that I wanted to buy an old medium boy at Neimen Marcus cos they have the colour and I also call up my bank too but NM decline, reason being I did not purchase from them before and their corporate security decline my card . But I bought in BG successfully , am from Singapore.

Hello ladies,

I've been hunting this one bag down and Saks nyc have it on hold for me at the moment. However, when I tried to pay with my australian Visa card, it's declined and didnt say why. I called my bank and been told that there are no issues - sufficient funds and no transactions that bounce back and it should be all good. Has anyone have similiar problems before? Can you please share? Help, they have it on hold for me till tomorrow - then they have to let it go if the card still doesnt work. :sad:

This sort of happened to me and I live in the USA. My SA in California (I live in nyc) rang up my purchase...everything went through after I confirmed with my bank that it wasn't a fraudulent purchase.

Later, my SA told me that their security dept couldn't verify my billing address. We were at an impasse - all my cards, even my Saks card has the same billing so there was nothing I can do. I even suggested getting my bank on a Conf call with their security dept but apparently, they are a secret dept that they aren't customer facing. Eventually my SA just had a mgr override it and made it happen and so I got my bag.

I think in your case, if they can't even ring the merchandise up, I don't know if there is anything you can do? But they do have strict security (sometimes). Oh, wondering if security has been beefed up ever since they discovered employees were stealing customer credit card info

Reactions: loveloverad
This sort of happened to me and I live in the USA. My SA in California (I live in nyc) rang up my purchase...everything went through after I confirmed with my bank that it wasn't a fraudulent purchase.

Later, my SA told me that their security dept couldn't verify my billing address. We were at an impasse - all my cards, even my Saks card has the same billing so there was nothing I can do. I even suggested getting my bank on a Conf call with their security dept but apparently, they are a secret dept that they aren't customer facing. Eventually my SA just had a mgr override it and made it happen and so I got my bag.

I think in your case, if they can't even ring the merchandise up, I don't know if there is anything you can do? But they do have strict security (sometimes). Oh, wondering if security has been beefed up ever since they discovered employees were stealing customer credit card info

Yes ive heard about it and kinda get scared a litle bit about giving my cc info over the phone. :/ but my SA is super nice. She did suggest for me to buy gift cards and i can purchase it that way. So I am most probably will do that way. It's really frustrating as I dont have any other cards and never owned a credit card in my life. Oh well,hopefully this one works. My SA managed to put it on hold for me for one more day!

Hello ladies,

Hey..this happened to me too.
I bought a pair of shoes on sale from Saks Miami FL, it went smoothly..no problem at all.
And then I bought my mini from diff saks diff SA, she said my card was declined because of security..so I explained to her that I bought an item before so it should be okay..few hours later she texted me say everything is okay and the bag is mine..
I don't know how she did it tho.
Btw, I bought few items from BG no problem with my CC..but NM is diff story, I tried to buy so many items from them during sale period but they always said my car is not accepted.. :sad: missed out so many sale items.

Anyway good luck ^_^

Yes ive heard about it and kinda get scared a litle bit about giving my cc info over the phone. :/ but my SA is super nice. She did suggest for me to buy gift cards and i can purchase it that way. So I am most probably will do that way. It's really frustrating as I dont have any other cards and never owned a credit card in my life. Oh well,hopefully this one works. My SA managed to put it on hold for me for one more day!

Oh good!! The gift card idea is a great idea. I guess it's easier to buy gift cards?
Keep us posted today with what happens!!

I totally know the feeling of being frustrated with their security dept!! My SA in California felt my pain. I kept telling her to tell them (security) that my billing is on my saks account and it's never changed since the day I opened it (circa 2004), and there's only so many times I can recite my address.

Anyway, good to hear there's light on the other side of the tunnel!

Thank you ladies. I still have another 12 hours to think on whether to get this boy or just getting another WOC. I started another thread on this, after reading the thread on how some people find it hard to pull a trigger on boy, I'm just wondering if I should really buy it or get a woc. I do have a classic ml flap and a red woc. I will keep you guys uptodate! If i decide to go buy the boy i have to buy 8-9 gift cards at saks to make up to total 4200!

Thank you ladies. I still have another 12 hours to think on whether to get this boy or just getting another WOC. I started another thread on this, after reading the thread on how some people find it hard to pull a trigger on boy, I'm just wondering if I should really buy it or get a woc. I do have a classic ml flap and a red woc. I will keep you guys uptodate! If i decide to go buy the boy i have to buy 8-9 gift cards at saks to make up to total 4200!

SAKS takes 48 hours to verify international CCs. Your bank can tell you all is good but if your bank refuses to provide info for the questions being asked by SAKS Verification Dept., then SAKS has no choice but to decline the sale.

Even though I buy from SAKS all the time and ship within the US, they always go through their verification process to get the authorization code from your bank. Call your bank ahead of the purchase and instruct them to put a note on their system to expect a one-time charge for $$$$ from XXXX Vendor and the date your card will be charged. I do this all the time and have no problems.

Ask about return policy of gift cards in the event you don't like what you purchase. I don't believe they can be credited back to your CC or redeemed for cash. Someone who knows more can chime in and correct me if I am wrong. I declined buying at NM using gift cards for said reason.