Help! Can't decide bw a Speedy 25 or 30 in DE

Which Classic Speedy (in DE) do you prefer--25 or 30?

Votes: 20 51.3%

Votes: 19 48.7%

• Total voters

susanshi

One can never have too many bags
Aug 10, 2009
I can't wait to get a classic speedy in Damier Ebene as my next LV bag but can't decide on the size. I've seen both in person and see pros to both. The 25 is super cute but it's a bit hard to get into since the zipper opening is smaller. The 30" feels a bit "luggage-y" but perhaps would make a great travel bag and it's easier to get into. I know it will sag more since it's bigger, but I have a Samorga organizer that I can use if I want it to be more structured. I just can't decide! Not sure it matters, but I'm 5'2". Which size do you have and why did you choose it / love it / dislike it / sell it? Thanks! This will be super helpful! :smile:

Reactions: JazzyMac
Thanks! :smile: I'm not sure what you mean by "too humble?" Is it because it's smaller you can't appreciate the design?

not I don't appreciate small size in this design, had eva clutch in ebene, it was actually one of my most used lv bags, and very dressy but not up into your face.

The 30 has my vote since it's considered the 'Goldilocks' size - not too big or too small, but just right - and fits most body heights/shapes. It also is easier to get in and out of than the 25 and can hold more 'extras' such as a water bottle or scarf and gloves. The only time that the Speedy starts to get that luggage look IMO is when you cross into the 35 (with taller/curvier women not as much) and the 40.

I would go Mono for 25B, 30B for DE, depending how you want to wear it. My weirdo reasons are that even though I can fit my things in both, the Ebene strap is to stiff and uncomfortable for crossbody. I use my DE 30B hand held or short shoulder with the extra piece out. 25B is best long strap or crossbody so I like the more comfortable vachetta strap for this.

It depends on your lifestyle. My speedy b 30 in monogram just arrived yesterday. I did order an original club organizer, howver it is not here yet. So far, it has a lot of room. It is spring and I placed a shawl, light gloves and my ipad mini, mini pochette, cosmetic case, burberry sunglass case (big), verni key pouch, victorine wallet and my pepper spray. I will be using the organizer, as I dont to kep using the flap pocket, it looks flimsy. People have also stated in years to come, it can cause tearing on the canvas. I thought the zipper would be small, but it is quite big and It has not frustrated me in putting and taking items in and out of the bag. I did think of either getting a speedy b 25 and 35, but unsure which one I would get first. For my personality and lifestyle, the speedy b 30 is a fall/winter bag. The speedy 25 is a summer bag. I am concerned that the zipper is short and makes the opening very narrow. The great thing about it is how much I can fit in it. Although, I would still want an organizer due to not a lot of pockets in it. I get my bags due to my personality and lifestyle. Don't get a bag that people tell you should be great due to whatever reason. Choose one to fit your personality and lifestyle.

Reactions: susanshi
I think for us shorties the speedy 25 suits best (I'm 5'0). I had the B version but sold it and got the classic in DE, I think the classic looks better and the DE print is my favourite. It doesn't matter to me personally if others notice I'm carrying an LV. In fact I prefer that people didn't know as I don't want to get mugged, I have small hands so don't notice any issues with the opening on the 25 I also don't see a lot of sag which is nice. I can fit a ton of stuff including a cardigan inside the 25 and feel that if I had the 30, I would stuff it with things that I don't need and it would hurt my back and shoulder. I'd go with the 25!

Reactions: susanshi