HELP! cannot decide btw Tiffany NOVO and HW Micro Pave!

faye119

Mar 22, 2008
Hi Dear!

I am getting my e-ring! but cannot decide between Tiffany Novo and Harry Winston Micro Pave Halo.

I really want to own a piece of HW, and Micro Pave looks so nice! but my GF and my mum think it is too dressy... it looks like cocktail ring. Both of them prefer Tiffany Novo which looks more classic!

What do you think?

thanks for your help!!

I would want to know more details. What size center stone will you be getting if you go with HW? What about the Novo? That would be part of my decision.

But I lean towards the HW just because I feel if it is an available option I'd rather have that. Less people have Harry Winstons compared to the Tiffany's products.

tHANKS FOR ALL YOUR SPEEDY REPONSES!

i am looking for a modest size, around 1.2ct... really struggling between the two choices... they are both nice...:sad:

your help is very much appreciated!

I would want to know more details. What size center stone will you be getting if you go with HW? What about the Novo? That would be part of my decision.

But I lean towards the HW just because I feel if it is an available option I'd rather have that. Less people have Harry Winstons compared to the Tiffany's products.

I would choose the Novo, because I find it to be more timeless and elegant.

One of the things to keep in mind when shopping for an ering is this is YOUR ring, you're the one that has to wear it everyday and look at it everyday. I would ignore what your GF and what your mother say and really choose one that YOU love.

Another thing that has helped me when choosing something is to disregard the brand name. I don't look at an item of clothing or a handbag and think to myself "I like this BECAUSE it's Lanvin or I need to have this BECAUSE it's Chanel."

The same can be said for jewelry. When you're in the Tiffany store or the HW showroom, forget about the name behind the jewelery. Just pretend you're looking at diamonds! I think this will help in deciding which ring suits YOU the best! This helped with choosing my ering and my DF and I ended up going custom made.

^ This is such genuine advice and I wholeheartedly agree. Choose what YOU love.....after all, YOU will be the one wearing it. Like adopting a puppy......let the dog choose YOU.....not vice versa

I could have a larger diamond, but my son & DH chose my stone & I wouldn't part w/ it for anything in the world.

And I chose the custom/hand-crafted route as well. As much as I like brand-names, it thrills me to no end that an artist took the time to carefully hand-make my ring & it sparkles just as much (if not more ;)) than the brand name diamonds!

^ Great advice as well! Love the puppy analogy!

One thing with going custom as well, you get involved in the process from start to finish which I loved. One thing my jeweler told me is that when you have something custom done, the jeweler needs to stand behind his work, so they will make sure you are happy. I know some jewelers may not be like that, but mine was and I appreciated it so much more!

It may also end up being less expensive going the custom route! I'm not trying to dissuade you from going with Tiffany or HW, but I'm sure a jeweler could find a way to incorporate both styles of rings into one ering. Then you could have the best of both worlds!

For 1.2 carat I would actually get the HW - I think because the 1.2 will look a LOT larger in the HW setting (if that's what you care about) than the Novo, the Novo since it's a modified cushion will look smaller than 1.2 round.

I am a big fan of the HW setting and it is the one that I wanted originally as well except that like you, my family/BF at the time didn't like it so much. I do think HW does one of the BEST halo settings and it's very difficult to find exactly like that somewhere else.

buying brands = instant gratification.

I have a set of crystal glasses from Edinburgh & each one is slightly different due to being hand-crafted. Not everyone appreciates that......which is why mass-produced brand-names do so well.

I also love the fact that although my ring may "resemble" another, it's NOT the same. It's uniquely mine.

But honestly......when I see a gorgeous ring on a woman's finger, I wouldn't ask, "beautiful ring......is that from Tiffany's"??? A gorgeous ring is beautiful for its own sake......not where it was purchased from (at least in my opinion)

For 1.2 carat I would actually get the HW - I think because the 1.2 will look a LOT larger in the HW setting (if that's what you care about) than the Novo, the Novo since it's a modified cushion will look smaller than 1.2 round.

I am a big fan of the HW setting and it is the one that I wanted originally as well except that like you, my family/BF at the time didn't like it so much. I do think HW does one of the BEST halo settings and it's very difficult to find exactly like that somewhere else.

Harry Winston micropave isn't round, it is a cushion cut as well. But I agree that 1.2 will look much larger in the micropave setting. I 100% would go with the HW because that is my dream ring and of heirloom quality. It is also not as mass produced as Tiffany's, therefore more unique IMO.

I have tried on both rings many times and the HW is infinitely more shiny and eye-catching, if that is the look you are after. However, if you like a more subtle look, the Novo fits the bill! :smile: Both lovely choices!