Help - Canard or (wait for the A/W'10) "Officier"?

Oct 29, 2006
I bought my first bbag - a Sang SGH City just about a month ago from Erica. The Sang is absolutely AMAZING but honestly it's a bit difficult to conjure up enough outfits so I can carry her out everyday (unless I wear black dresses everyday?? LOL).

I figured I would live through till end-2010 before getting another bbag. And then I had to see the Canard on TPF. :whiteflag:(see where this is going?:graucho:)

I decided that I need a navy blue bag. The style is not an issue - it will be another SGH City. The colour however IS the problem - Should I buy Canard (because I do really love the unique teal undertones with the Canard) or wait for the Navy palette for A/W '10 to be released before making a decision (because Officier, well, is the holy grail of all navy blue bags innit)?

My biggest fear is missing the boat and not being able to locate the Canard if the new colours don't make my heart skip a beat. I am relatively new to Bal and therefore am not sure whether I can still locate Canard say, sometime in Sept 2010 if the A/W navy doesn't work out for me.

colour palette, O where art thee? :sos: thanks a bunch in advance!

I am getting a Canard Velo from ****** as soon as she gets it in stock.
But that is me. I personally love the Canard as it will go with everything.
The same is true for the Officier as well though as it will go with everything too. This is a tough one but go with your instincts.

(because Officier, well, is the holy grail of all navy blue bags innit)?

Officier is certainly a popular colour. Another (and maybe even more) HG navy was Ink.

It is interesting to see how a colour gets HG status. Sometimes colours are popular right out of the blocks (most of the purples like violet and raisin are like that). Others tend to be sleepers like plomb. I love canard and, for the first time, am desperately trying to figure out what style of bag I want to go with the colour rather than the other way around. Time will tell whether or not it reaches HG status.

You have to ask yourself, is canard the absolute perfect navy for you? Don't think of it as if you don't get it now, you'll miss that boat. I missed the officier city GGH boat myself and I've seen canard IRL, though canard is a lovely color, I find myself still thinking about one day owning an officier'ish color bag. So I'm going to wait and hope that the fall's navy is going to be closer to officier.

Plus if canard is the navy you've always dreamed of, then it doesn't matter what other shade of navy is coming up next cuz' you've already got the perfect bag in the perfect navy.

Two of my favorite blues is Canard and Officier. So you can't go wrong either way. But I must say - if you're in the market for "navy," Officier is much more "navy" than Canard which is teal.

Sorry if I missed this, but is Officier the exact same Officier from 2009?

I'm not any help because I love both! I really wish I could pick up Canard, but I have to wait until my funds replenish (wish I had a money tree!). It's more and more gorgeous to me the more I see true-to-colour photos. However, I DO have Officier and it is my favourite Bal blue so far. But the thing is ... I don't think we know for sure if Officier is coming back out (unless someone has concrete confirmation), so I'd hate to wait for something that isn't confirmed and then possibly miss out on both?

Personally I'm not a fan of Canard but I love, love Officier.
I think you must ask yourself which colour is THE most gorgeous colour in YOUR opinion and then go after that ... one will turn up :yes: Then as xoxomint said: "it doesn't matter what other shade of navy is coming up next cuz' you've already got the perfect bag in the perfect navy."

Two of my favorite blues is Canard and Officier. So you can't go wrong either way. But I must say - if you're in the market for "navy," Officier is much more "navy" than Canard which is teal.

Sorry if I missed this, but is Officier the exact same Officier from 2009?

RERE is right. Canard is not navy. It is a dark teal with navy tones. If you really want Navy, canard is probably not the color for you, although I think it is a gorgeous color and I am finding that it goes with alot of different clothing colors.