Help Buying My Second TANO!

pishee

Sleepy New Mom
Jul 27, 2008
Hi All!

I own one TANO -- a "Little Red Chevette" in a medium warm brown (I'm not sure what the color is called). I am thinking of buying a second one, but need some help choosing. Here are the options:

Boogie Bucket in Timber, $139
High-Low Pedigree in Timber, $139
Rock Chick in Mudslide, $139
The Lingo in Timber, $132
Postcard from London in Timber or Brown (?), $132
Up and Comer in Caramel, Mudslide or Timber, $129

I'm not terribly picky about how many compartments or pockets a bag has, but I do want to try to get the best deal for the price. I like large to extra large bags so I can carry my notebook computer in it, and I like an adjustable strap, ideally, or at least one long enough to fit over my shoulder but no so long it hangs down past my hip level. Thanks!!

Somebody did a reveal w/ modelling photos of the Postcard From London, and while it's a beautiful bag, I don't think it looked large enough for a notebook. Try a search - you should be able to come up w/ the thread and decide for yourself.

I know Timber was a popular colour among those who got it, and I think, depending on the size of your notebook, a Boogie/Lingo might fit one.

Thanks for your quick reply. It does look like a gorgeous bag. Would you call it medium or large? It's hard for me to tell from measurements, usually. Thanks again!

My Mom carries A LOT of stuff in her handbag, but not a notebook computer. If we are talking about a netbook or an iPad, yes. A larger laptop, no. Hope that helps! :biggrin:

I had a Rock Chick and returned it...I think the Boogie or Lingo is bigger...I am not sure a notebook computer would fit in a rock chick!

Timber is gorgeous though!

I had a Rock Chick and returned it...I think the Boogie or Lingo is bigger...I am not sure a notebook computer would fit in a rock chick!

Timber is gorgeous though!
Why did you return the Rock Chick? It seems like the Boogie is about the most popular TANO (?) Do you have one? By the way, I love the quote in your signature file...

Why did you return the Rock Chick? It seems like the Boogie is about the most popular TANO (?) Do you have one? By the way, I love the quote in your signature file...
Sorry, one more thing...would you say the timber color is a green you carry with almost any color, or only with a very limited number of colors? I tend to NOT want to bother with matching bags to outfits, and especially in the case of TANOS, I like them so much I would probably want a bag I could carry constantly, or at least whenever the mood struck me. So I'm wondering if "mudslide" might be a better choice...although the timber does look gorgeous and green is my favorite color....

Somebody did a reveal w/ modelling photos of the Postcard From London, and while it's a beautiful bag, I don't think it looked large enough for a notebook. Try a search - you should be able to come up w/ the thread and decide for yourself.

I know Timber was a popular colour among those who got it, and I think, depending on the size of your notebook, a Boogie/Lingo might fit one.
Thank you! I'll do the search, as you suggested.

Well the boogie and the lingo will be the same size I do know that much...
Update, for anyone who is REAAALLLY just dying to know what I'm deciding: I've ruled out:
The Lingo (wouldn't want the zipper on a slouch bag)
Up and Comer (smallest of all of them, I think, and double handles)
High/Low (smallish)

I'm leaning toward the Postcard, with the Boogie a close second...

Thanks to all for the help so far!

http://forum.purseblog.com/tano/reveal-what-did-the-lumberjack-say-rock-chick-526262.html

Here is my Rock Chick reveal...honestly I returned it because it seems a bit too boxy and not like the stock photos I saw...but I think it would have broken in and looked ok.

Timber was a good color...I would consider it a neutral color IMO.

I do have two boogies....and will have a third when fall Boogie Nights arrives (gunmetal nebula leather on pre-order @MHB)...I love the boogie...it is just an EASY bag to carry, and it can hold a little or a lot...