Help buying from Strictly Pursonal

smo

Aug 10, 2008
I started a thread a little while on locating a large lilac veneta. BlueIris very kindly located one on strictly pursonal and now that I have decided to take the plunge and buy it for my birthday I have run into a problem. I am based in Australia and so SP will only accept a bank wire or bank account transfer for the payment. I am uncomfortable paying this way because I won't have any buyer protection if the transaction goes wrong (like I would through my AMEX or paypal). I have explained this to Michelle at SP but their policy is only to accept bank wire or transfers for international customers.

SP seem to have a reasonable reputation on the PF but it isn't like buying from netaporter or saks.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this? I loved this bag and really want it but am nervous about paying via bank wire or bank transfer.

Moving this thread to Bag Shopping...jburgh

Last edited by a moderator:

CClementine

Jan 17, 2010
I've never dealt with strictly pursonal however I have read about her on this forum. Both good and bad. Only because of the bad opinions about Michelle (isn't she the owner) I would think twice before sending a wire transfer to her or truthfully to anyone. You have zero protection. Did she say why she won't accept paypal or credit cards? Just seems weird. I would wait. I would bet another lg lilac veneta will show up on ebay and you will have buyer protection. HTH

smo

Aug 10, 2008
Thanks for your response CClementine, this is what Michelle said in her email to me:

Pay Pal is great and I ALWAYS use it in the States but unfortunately they dont offer seller protection when the payment is made from another country .

If it helps, I am a MY POUPETTE Reseller which means I am certified as a legitimate seller.

There really is no way to do this unless you contact pay pal and ask them if there is any way they have a program for international sales where the seller would be protected from a buyers payment, etc.

Otherwise the bank wire works best, so sorry.

I think I will do as you suggested and wait and see if one turns up on ebay, it isn't worth the risk given I won't have any recourse if the transaction goes wrong.

Thanks again