Help! Buying bag unseen!

simona7

Bag Lady
Jul 15, 2007
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum and have wanted a B-bag for quite a few years now. I am finally able to get one :yahoo: and was going to order one over the phone however I am now worried about the different leathers! I'm getting a black city and I read on another thread that the leather really varies. I want the fabulous smushy not too veiny (almost looks grayish) one. Should I just wait until I can go in person? I might have to wait till later this year:sad:
Any suggestions? Is there really that big of a difference? I would hate to be disappointed after waiting so long to get one.
Thanks for any suggestions and I love all of your B-bags!

Simona

I imagine there's nothing that beats going in person and picking out your bbag with the leather to your liking. The next best thing would be to talk to a SA that knows how to pick good leather. The SA's at BALNY seem to know their stuff. I've had a lot of success purchasing through them sight unseen. GOOD LUCK! and...WELCOME.

I can't imagine there being any ugly black Balenciagas out there. That said, probably the variations definitely suit different tastes.

I just got an Aquamarine City and the color is fabulous. Even deeper and richer than I expected. Never seen it before except on tpf.

Good luck and post pics when you get it.