Help:Buyers Remorse!

care_73

Jul 1, 2014
Hi Everyone,

So today I purchased my first Chanel... a jumbo classic flap with black caviar & shw...I also tried on the Mini & GST when i was there and now I'm thinking instead I should have purchased the pale grey Mini with shw & the black with shw GST... what do you guys think? 2 bags for the price of one or keep the jumbo classic flap???

If you love it keep the Flap. Don't think in terms of more for the money....think in terms of what you really want. Save for the Mini and GST if you really want them....if you exchange you will still want the Flap!:smile:

I have a jumbo flap caviar with silver hardware and I love mine. I find it works with dressy and casual outfits. It's normal when making a major purchase to think carefully and even then maybe have doubts. You left the shop with the jumbo so something about the bag made you choose it to bring home. I think you should keep it.

I always suffer buyers remorse.. no matter what I buy! So i know just how you feel.

Personally I would go for what you like more. Dont think about good deals or bad deals.. go for the bag that will make you smile and that you will enjoy the most!!

You're so right... Of course I will always want a classic flap but I guess the other 2 seem like more "bang for my buck" and since I had gone there set on a GST I was a bit shocked to have spent twice the money and gotten a smaller bag

so you initially wanted to get a GST? did you get talked into the jumbo because it is supposed to be "the first" chanel you buy? I think you need to really think about why you want each one of those bags and then make your decision. Remember, you want to enjoy your purchase and not worry about it

Oh no! This happens to me, too -- or maybe it's more guilt than buyer's remorse. Either way, I'm a big fan of sleeping on it. And then you can decide tomorrow! Maybe call your SA and see if she can put the mini and GST on hold for you?

Yay! You decided! Congrats! Can you upload a pic for us?

Like others previously have said, a classic flap is definitely an amazing starter. I agree that you'll most likely want a classic at some point in your life so if you have the opportunity now, why not?! They keep going up in price!

That said, you'll want a bag that you will wear. That's they key.... You can always buy a GST or mini another day since they are much less pricey too.

Welcome to the club!

I was in the reverse situation a few months ago! I actually bought the cerf tote and the GST first, then I wondered if I should have purchased the flap instead. I love the cerf and GST and will probably use them more, but my thinking was that the price of the flap seems to go up considerably compared to the other two. I did end up finding a brand new flap at a fabulous price and it is one beautiful bag, but out of the three bags I definitely use the GST the most. However, there is something so special about the flap. To sum it up, you can't go wrong no matter what choice you make.

I have buyer's remorse all the time but remember why I went in there in the first place... that being said... if you went in there to get a GST... maybe you can get SA to hold the GST and you can think about it for a few days... cuz GST is rumored to be going up in price soon... and since classic just got an increase.. hopefully it wont again for another year or so?...

so... if you get the GST now... could you get the jumbo in about 6months?... i would do that.. so i get the GST now and jumbo later but soon (just in case)... minis you can buy anytime.. they are out every season. also GST and jumbo much more useful than a mini. (the mini just went up in price, so hopefully wont be increase in such a big jump again anytime soon)...

Depends hun, head over heart? I'm in a similar situation. GST is the sensible choice more practical than the jumbo. But the flaps are classics. You wont feel complete without one! Get both if you can! lol best of luck deciding x

My thinking is that I can use the GST for work and casual weekend stuff when I need to carry more stuff but then I can take the mini flap out if I'm more dressed up or going out or just running out of the house quickly. Although the jumbo is beautiful I may get more use out of two bags... Thank god for purse forum! Haha