Help - Buyer said I sent her a fake!

Bags4Me2

O.G.
May 13, 2008
What I have been dreading has finally happened to me. I sold a ramona on ebay last week, the buyer is not happy and sent me this email.

Hello,
I recieved the bag and I am very upset as it is a vinyl fake. The
tags are not attached and it is obviously not leather. It came COD and my
husband had to pay $9.87 dollars to add insult to injury. I am sending it
back immediately and I will contact my credit card company. I would like
my money returned as soon as the bag is recieved and will report this to
ebay if the money is not returned in a timely fashion. I will not leave
feedback until this is resolved as I don't know if you were tricked into
thinking it is authentic. Thank you

-sunandmoonwatch

Then I sent this:
I assure you the bag is real! It was bought at Nordstroms. I have the receipt. I am very concerned about this because I don't sell fakes. Do you have a camera? I want to see this bag.

then she sent this:

Hello,
I recieved the bag and I am very disappointed and upset as it is a
vinyl fake. The tags are not attached but tucked into the zipped pouch and
it is obviously not leather. It came COD and my husband had to pay $9.87
dollars to add insult to injury. I am sending it back immediately/today and
I have contacted my credit card company and they will hold payment until
the matter is resolved. I would like my money returned as soon as the bag
is recieved and will report this to ebay if the money is not returned in a
timely fashion. I will not leave feedback until this is resolved as I don't
know if you were tricked into thinking it is authentic. Thank you

-sunandmoonwatch

I sent this:
I am totally at a loss here. I know the bag is real. Have you taken the bag to have it authenticated? It is real. I know it. I bought it from Nordstroms and I inspected the bag before I listed it. Please respond as I am totally baffled by this. Thank you.

she sent this:
The bag is a fake. It is vinyl. I am taking it to the post office now. The Nordstrom tag was not on the bag but in the zip pouch. It will be back to you by tomorrow. Please credit my account when it gets back to you. Taking pictures of a good vinyl fake will help nothing. I want my money back..

then this:
It is not real. The tags were not attached. I am sending it back for a refund. It smells an feels like vinyl. No doubt about it. The lady at the store said it is vinyl. I am sorry. I am an honest customer and was excited about the purchase but it is fake and I want my money back with no games. Can I have your word on that?
this is a copy of the listing and I sent her the EXACT bag in the picture!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&item=220343374506

I need your help ladies. I am sick over this. I have this knot in my stomach because I have a feeling she is sending me a fake and keeping the real bag. Is there anything I can do? Please help and advise me.

Yikes! What to do indeed?

Did you send the bag COD? That part of her complaint does not even make sense!

Obviously - I would be very concerned about what bag you are going to get back: yours or a yucky vinyl fake?

Do you still have the Nordies receipt? Perhaps you should contact Ebay right away and tell them you suspect the buyer is trying to commit fraud.

Did you check her out of toolhaus? How is her feedback?

Best case scenario - she has buyer's remorse and just wants her $$ back; but, she is sending you back YOUR bag. Maybe she is just using this whole "fake" claim as a way to extort you in accepting her return.

Yikes - I wish you the best of luck - this is ALL of our worst nightmare!!

Yikes! What to do indeed?

Did you send the bag COD? That part of her complaint does not even make sense!

Obviously - I would be very concerned about what bag you are going to get back: yours or a yucky vinyl fake?

Do you still have the Nordies receipt? Perhaps you should contact Ebay right away and tell them you suspect the buyer is trying to commit fraud.

Did you check her out of toolhaus? How is her feedback?

Best case scenario - she has buyer's remorse and just wants her $$ back; but, she is sending you back YOUR bag. Maybe she is just using this whole "fake" claim as a way to extort you in accepting her return.

Yikes - I wish you the best of luck - this is ALL of our worst nightmare!!

If she would have just said I can't afford this or it's to big, or changed my mind I would have happily refunded her and felt comfortable that she would send the same bag back. I am a very laid back seller but when she said I sent her a fake ... that sent warning bells and has me worried!

^ Have you contacted PP or Ebay.

You have great FB as a seller and are a powerseller - ebay has a phone # for PowerSellers - I believe it is 24 hour support.

Maybe they can advise you on your options. If she sends you back a fake then I would think she is a**out. Of course, you will need to find the reciept to prove to Ebay that the bag you sold is authentic.

Your worry is totally justifiable, I would worry about a scam as well.
I would do as one of the other members has posted, contact ebay and PP and tell them what you suspect.

Good luck...I hope that this all turns out fine for you.

She has bought quite an assortment of nice handbags over the last few months and has received positive FB from sellers. So, if I was a betting person, I would say she is not a scammer and, for some reason, she has convinced herself that the bag is not authentic. Regardless, you don't want to have a false accusation tarnish your ebay reputation in any way so it is a good idea to contact your Powerseller Rep .

I called ebay but was on hold forever so I sent them an email. I will call again tomorrow and see if I can get through. That's what stumps me is her excellent feedback. She said she took it to a store and they said it was fake so I asked her where she took it and asked for the persons name. The buyer emailed and said: The bag has been mailed back to you with two day priority mail,etc. I have
contacted American Express. The bag is a vinyl fake. The Nordstrom tags
were not attached and there was white material on the vinyl front of the
bag. I don't know where it is from. If you bought it at Nordstroms
perhaps they will take it back since you say you have a receipt. I will
not accept it or spend anymore time arguing about the authenticity. Please
credit my account when you recieve it. I am not tolerant of this type of
thing and will have the matter investigated if necessary. This is a
significant amount of money and I am very serious about this. The exact
bag you sent will be back to you in the exact wrapping and box. I am
hoping you will act in good faith and credit my account when you recieve
the bag. If not, I will act to rectify the situation through the
appropriate channels as this is fraud.

Thank you

Which creates more trouble because I am out of town -- I am on the east coast now and will be in New Orleans in a few days for two months! I wish she would have asked first where to send the bag. I always do this just to be sure.

Was the bag sent to her COD? Also when she FIRST mentioned sending it back you should have told her you werent home and given her another address or something... Im sorry you are going through this...

Get a UV pen and mark your bags in a hidden spot using something you recognize. Get some tyvek bands. You can get them on ebay. Put the band on a non-removable part of the bag - O Rings, straps, whatever.

The bag was not sent cod - not sure what happened there. Tyvek bands - thanks! I didn't know Nordstroms usually puts the tags in the pocket, good to know. I learn so much here.