Help!! Buyer Protection Only $200.00

Firefly32

O.G.
Jul 20, 2008
Ok so my very bad. I just bought an expensive bag that will be shipped over night. The buyer protection I thought said $2,000.00 but really it's only $200.00. My bad it's getting late for me that is and I misread it and won the bag. I really want the bag but not sure what to do. What if something happens in shipping.

ask the seller to insure it. also did you pay with a credit card? most have some protection for purchases. Also, if you don't ever receive it, you can make a paypal claim and it's up to the seller to prove delivery. So, it really is more on the seller to be worrying about insurance. i think your bag will arrive tomorrow no problem.

ask the seller to insure it. also did you pay with a credit card? most have some protection for purchases. Also, if you don't ever receive it, you can make a paypal claim and it's up to the seller to prove delivery. So, it really is more on the seller to be worrying about insurance. i think your bag will arrive tomorrow no problem.

I have not paid yet, I would be paying from my actual bank account so there is no chargebacks or anything if ups lost it. The auction says insurance is Loss/Damage protection included up to $100. So I wouldn't be protected if something happened right? I have no other way of paying except from my bank account. I just want to make sure that I am covered.

well if you don't ever receive it, and you file a paypal claim for non-receipt, if the seller doesn't have proof of delivery to you, then you'd win.

it's always a little riskier using funds from your bank. the credit card offers just another layer of protection, the chargeback option,etc.

but if you ask the seller to add insurance for the package, you should be fine.

enjoy your bag!

On the auction what does buyer protection of $200.00 mean? From what i am reading it seems to me that I would only get $200.00 back. I feel like a pain in the ass but just want to make absolute sure!!

I have not paid yet, I would be paying from my actual bank account so there is no chargebacks or anything if ups lost it. The auction says insurance is Loss/Damage protection included up to $100. So I wouldn't be protected if something happened right? I have no other way of paying except from my bank account. I just want to make sure that I am covered.

I am not one for backing out of a deal, but there is no way in :cursing: I would pay $2000 out of a bank account. Do you have a VIsa check card?

well if you don't ever receive it, and you file a paypal claim for non-receipt, if the seller doesn't have proof of delivery to you, then you'd win.

it's always a little riskier using funds from your bank. the credit card offers just another layer of protection, the chargeback option,etc.

but if you ask the seller to add insurance for the package, you should be fine.

enjoy your bag!

Yes, but she will be :cursing: out of luck if the person is a scammer

Say prayers for me because I paid! Yes, I know my dumb ass isn't protected but I want the bag!! They have good feedback on thier items so this is a plus that is giving me faith!!

I only have wait until Tuesday :smile: Will keep ya updated! I have had a long day, no ebaying when I am tired!! I wanted to back up and almost did but I did put in an offer and I followed through only because I felt like it was the right thing to do instead of just re-imbursing for fees.

While feedback is not 100%, did they have good feedback for what they had? Any previous high-end sales?

Yes, high ends sales but she recently got a neg becuase the buyer was snippy about the request for payments. No negs regarding items and has over 900 feedbacks! I am a powerseller how dumb of me to tangle myself in this. I have a good feeling about it!! No you won't hear me crying on here if I get scammed, you will hear me yelling!! No, just kidding!! Taking my chances and Tuesday I am gonna have a very pretty bag :smile:

I am confused, if she has 900 feedbacks why only $200 in buyer protection? I thought once you reached 50 (even if all buying) it raised to $2k!

ALso, wasn't there something this month about being covered for the entire amount?