Help!! Buyer "not Satisfied with Authenticity"

Rosenpetals

Mar 11, 2007
A friend bought this bag for me at the Kooba sample sale last month in NYC, sent it out to me & it has just sat in my closet all this time, never carried. Since I wasn't using it, I listed it last week for a song & the buyer used BIN, received it & sent me this email today:

"I purchased a black Kooba Lena purse from you last week and I am not satisfied with its authenticity. I would like to return it back to you immediately and be refunded my total amount spent.

I appreciate your prompt response and would like to resolve this matter with you directly."

Now, I'm sure I don't want to eat shipping both ways because "he's not satisfied with authenticity", so I emailed back and said I'd accept a return only with a 10% restocking fee and him paying return shipping, unless he's willing to provides documented proof from an authorized dealer that it's a counterfeit, and that I'm at fault. I did put an "Authenticity guaranteed or your money back." blurb on the auction because I know where it was purchased and know it's authentic. Now I'm wondering if I should just accept a return?

Do you think I'm taking too hard a stand? I have great feedback and am no criminal, and really resent the email he sent, (but I tried to be professional in my reply.)

At this point, I can see a fight & claims of counterfeit would not do my feedback or reputation as a seller any good at all. I'm not sure what to do, this has never happened before. Any advice welcome!

Here's a link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MESO:IT&viewitem=&item=160123523900&rd=1&rd=1

A friend bought this bag for me at the Kooba sample sale last month in NYC, sent it out to me & it has just sat in my closet all this time, never carried. Since I wasn't using it, I listed it last week for a song & the buyer used BIN, received it & sent me this email today:

"I purchased a black Kooba Lena purse from you last week and I am not satisfied with its authenticity. I would like to return it back to you immediately and be refunded my total amount spent.

I appreciate your prompt response and would like to resolve this matter with you directly."

Now, I'm sure I don't want to eat shipping both ways because "he's not satisfied with authenticity", so I emailed back and said I'd accept a return only with a 10% restocking fee and him paying return shipping, unless he's willing to provides documented proof from an authorized dealer that it's a counterfeit, and that I'm at fault. I did put an "Authenticity guaranteed or your money back." blurb on the auction because I know where it was purchased and know it's authentic. Now I'm wondering if I should just accept a return?

Do you think I'm taking too hard a stand? I have great feedback and am no criminal, and really resent the email he sent, (but I tried to be professional in my reply.)

At this point, I can see a fight & claims of counterfeit would not do my feedback or reputation as a seller any good at all. I'm not sure what to do, this has never happened before. Any advice welcome!

Here's a link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MESO:IT&viewitem=&item=160123523900&rd=1&rd=1

If you know it is 100% Authentic, there should be no problem!

I am a Photographer and work with loads of samples from well-known companies aswell as stock from 'Sample' sales and there could well be descrepancies between that and the regular stock - Sample stock is often different!

As her to verify 'how' he knows its not authentic??? He is a new buyer so you may need to give him more info....

Stand your ground. This sounds like buyer's remorse and the easiest way for a buyer to try to get their money back thru eBay and PayPal now is to falsely claim that they've just been sold a counterfeit. I am sick of these people! They use eBay as a means to "shop" for a great deal on an item and then create a reason to return it if they don't like it.

I would much rather fight it out thru eBay and Paypal than be manipulated by someone who has no respect for the terms of my auction. Tell him that if he doesn't like it, he's free to sell it and use your pictures in his auction.

Your feedback number is high enough where it will not damage your reputation if some moron with only three feedbacks negs you. Neg him back. Good feedback is a beautiful thing - but don't be a slave to it.

If you know it is 100% Authentic, there should be no problem![/

BIG FAT DITTO!

If you return and refund, you are admitting guilt that it isnt authentic, therefore you could get in trouble for selling a fake! Not good!

If you are 100% sure its authentic, reply with "This is 100% authentic, all sales are final per my TOA in my auction".

In your acution you state:
All sales are final.

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for the excellent advice, girls! Here's how I responded, I hope it was professional & to the point:

I am sorry you're not satisfied with the bag, but it is 100% authentic-purchased at a Kooba sample sale in New York last month. There is no question of authenticity. Kooba does not sell fakes at their sample
sales.
Do you have a retail store that sells them in your area? If so, you can take it to them and have them authenticate it. (You will need a signed document from an authorized dealer stating that the bag is a fake if you
file a claim with Paypal, anyway)

I personally own 9 Kooba bags. To hint that I would sell a fake bag is rather insulting. You are accusing me of being a criminal. (it is against the law to sell counterfeit bags)

Considering that the bag is authentic, and I am not at fault, I will accept it's return (in the same condition it was received-never worn with tags attached) for a re-stocking fee of 10%. I will refund your paypal
account, minus the restocking fee and original shipping, once the bag is returned in the same condition you received it. You will have to take care of the return shipping, and I would recommend insurance and Delivery
Confirmation to protect against loss.

Thanks for the excellent advice, girls! Here's how I responded, I hope it was professional & to the point:

I am sorry you're not satisfied with the bag, but it is 100% authentic-purchased at a Kooba sample sale in New York last month. There is no question of authenticity. Kooba does not sell fakes at their sample
sales.
Do you have a retail store that sells them in your area? If so, you can take it to them and have them authenticate it. (You will need a signed document from an authorized dealer stating that the bag is a fake if you

I personally own 9 Kooba bags. To hint that I would sell a fake bag is rather insulting. You are accusing me of being a criminal. (it is against the law to sell counterfeit bags)

Considering that the bag is authentic, and I am not at fault, I will accept it's return (in the same condition it was received-never worn with tags attached) for a re-stocking fee of 10%. I will refund your paypal
account, minus the restocking fee and original shipping, once the bag is returned in the same condition you received it. You will have to take care of the return shipping, and I would recommend insurance and Delivery

Good luck! Please let us know how things turn out. :popcorn:

sales.

An exemplary email - well done you.

buyer's remorse - and I am afraid they used the authenticity issue bec you stated a money back guarantee. I never would do that - if an item is fake a buyer will put in a claim and get their money back anyway, kwim?

good email and hope you will sort this one out quickly!

Good e-mail. Hope it works out smoothly. I must agree with those who've already stated - sounds like buyer's remorse or perhaps they are really unfamiliar with Kooba's and how to check them (sample sale usually = small stamp inside).

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I AM FURIOUS ABOUT THIS

I AM THE ONE WHO BOUGHT THIS BAG FOR ROSENPETALS AT THE SSS CLOTHINGLINE.COM SAMPLE SALES THAT KOOOBA HOLDS IN NYC EVERY FEW MONTHS!!!
I AM SO ANGRY THAT THIS BUYER IS PUTTING HER THROUGH THIS WHEN I KNOW WITHOUT EVEN A SHADOW OF A DOUBT THAT IT IS AUTHENTIC!!!!!!

gRRRRRR I AM SENDING A PIC OF THE RECEIPT TO ROSENPETALS BUT IT DOESNT SAY THE STYLE OR ANYTHING BOUGHT,,,

but i know jordan from clothingline is good at answering emails and it says it was purchased at sss sample sales, the address and then it says www.clothingline.com at the bottom,,,

and the dates show, if the buyer contacts SSS that it was the kooba sale going on at that time,,

i hope it helps i am SO angry that someone is claiming this when i know it is 1000% authentic!

I think its a great response. Even though *I* wouldn't have agreed to a refund because you stated all sales are final and you only would return if it was not authentic!

Did they leave you feedback?

GOOD LUCK!