HELP! Buyer is fishing for something! Buyer's Remorse?

that "double the money" makes me wonder if that's what she is really after...
will you be willing to refund her upon returning the bag? it sounds like she is going to try to find ways to make it harder for you.
and yup,as far as i know SAs aren't authorized to authenticate items...

I know that is exactly how I felt! I just feel like an honest buyer would try to explaing to the seller what exactly is going on. I thought about this issue long and hard, I am going to base my decision on the next message I get. If she is rational and willing to work it out then I will however, if she continues with the authenticity claims then I will tell her to return the bag to me within 3 days (as recommended by ellie) and issue her a refund as long as my bag comes back EXACTLY the same! :P The vachetta on that baby was perfect not a mark on her yet!

Heres another question? I know that I should be requesting to get the bag back asap before anything happens but is 3 days reasonable if the seller lives halfway around the world? She would not really have a choice but to overnight it to me...what do you guys think? Also what about shipping? With ebays new policy i'm worried that she might request the full refund including her shipping but I only charged her $100 USD for shipping when it cost me $170 to ship the bag. What would be the right thing to do here?

Last edited:
Why should you pay for her shipping if she had buyer's remorse?

Offer the bid price only. If she decides to file a claim, cross that bridge when you come to it.

And as for that "double money back" nonsense, I'd email her that you have no reason to offer double money back as the bag is 100% authentic and you are not running a gambling establishment. Even paypal wouldnt give her "double money back".

Why should you pay for her shipping if she had buyer's remorse?

Offer the bid price only. If she decides to file a claim, cross that bridge when you come to it.

And as for that "double money back" nonsense, I'd email her that you have no reason to offer double money back as the bag is 100% authentic and you are not running a gambling establishment. Even paypal wouldnt give her "double money back".

Agreed :yes:

The only reason that is my listing is because I know that the authenticity is not an issue but then again maybe i should change that since i'm clearly attracting the wrong crowd. I also thought that the listing price would be fair!

I will keep you guys updated

Thanks so much you guys made me feels so much better! :hugs:

Again, you are quite right. A few bad apples will definitely spoil the bunch! Er, actually, a lot of bad apples, in eBay's case. I think they were trying to rectify the fact that there are tons of dishonest sellers on eBay, but they tipped over waaay to far in one direction..

ITA. :yes:

I think the problem is that it's hard to know what they should do, instead, as whatever they try to do, dishonest people will always try to exploit any loophole they can find. :shrugs:

I completely understand chloehandbags and I would have disclosed it if I had noticed the smell...since that particular box is used to store my bags, the odor was not obvious to me or SO at that point. When I double checked was when I realized what she may have been talking about. I now look back at the situation and I think that I should have offered her the option of a partial refund but I was worried she was just trying to find something wrong and get money back. afterwards I did acknowlege the problem so I hope that we can come to a reasonable resolution.

Actually, I feel that, if it only smelt of another bag and not some other, more unpleasant, odour, you really shouldn't have felt you had to offer a partial refund; unless that was what you preferred to do.

I, personally, feel the offer of a full refund would probably have been more appropriate and then, if she didn't want to return the bag, she could have just aired it out.

If it had been a more unpleasant odour, of some kind, I would have been more inclined to think that she should have been offered the option of a partial, as well as the option of a full refund (even though you still wouldn't have had to offer a partial, if you didn't want to, of course). :yes:

Having said all that, I don't know what the other bag smells of? I know some finishes can be a bit whiffy, so maybe it did seem a bit unpleasant to her?! :sweatdrop:

In which case, offering a partial probably would have been fair to you both, IMO.

Last edited:
Agreed :yes:

The only reason that is my listing is because I know that the authenticity is not an issue but then again maybe i should change that since I'm clearly attracting the wrong crowd. I also thought that the listing price would be fair!

I will keep you guys updated

Thanks so much you guys made me feels so much better! :hugs:

Change it! I cringe when I see that in listings because I know it's just a line, the buyer would only get the purchase price plus original shipping back. Glad you are feeling better about things, I hope the next message from your buyer is reasonable. My finger are crossed for ya! :smile:

Linda

Okay...this "smell" thing is driving me crazy...Marks on the bag can be shown in pics so it's not difficult to agree if a spot is there or isn't...but a smell is a subjective thing..We all have our own odors that we don't notice but others may...A seller could air a bag out and use a dryer sheet before selling and think the bag smells wonderful but the buyer might think the smell of the dryer sheet used is awful and offensive..Don't think the op was admitting that the bag had a bad smell and she chose to not mention it - she is just stating that yes it could be possible that the bag had an odor that she didn't sense but somebody else would....If somebody wants an absolute perfect bag with the perfect smell then go to a boutique - touch, look & smell before your buy and pay full price for your items don't shop second hand on ebay!

BTW op - sorry about this situation...Hate to say it but think your buyer is playing games...I would say to tell her to just send back for refund since she isn't happy with her purchase but I don't think that's what she really wants!

Hi there,

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but did you check the buyer's feedback before selling? I make a big deal out of this when selling, to the point of where - if they don't have have enough positive buyer's feedback, I'll block the buyer in the middle of the bidding and cancel their bid if I feel really uncomfortable. If they have messaged me prior to bidding and verbalized their sincere intent to bid and pay, then I will consider letting them bid. It's not foolproof, but it seems to help.

Also, I don't know if your question about shipping got addressed (you paid 170, but only charged 100) - in that case, a buyer would only get the refund of 100, since that is what you charged. I hope that it won't get to that bad of a point for you, but if so, you should know that ebay and paypal buyer protection cover only the purchase price+original shipping cost that you charged them, to the best of my knowledge. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me, but I think that this is the case.

I wish you the best of luck in this situation! Sounds awful. I think it's one of the reasons that so many sellers will not ship out of the country - problems that occur become intensified when the buyer lives so far away.

So I sold a bag on ebay and once the buyer receives the item she sends me a message saying that the bag smelled so I appologized and offered her some remedies such as (baking soda in a bowl in the bag and dryer sheet). This bag is a LE item and in MINT condition, used a few times then stored. I check today and I get a email in ALL CAPS saying that she has been doing research online and searching and she said that the fakes came with the same tags as the real ones. then she goes authentic or double my money back huh (thats the part that worries me - I do NOT carry fakes :tdown:) Then in her next message she says that she is bringing the bag to LV to get it looked at. So I send her a message back saying that most SA's are not authorized to authenticate and there is high turn. I directed her here and caroldiva.com

I am worried what should I do to protect myself? I am worried of a bait and switch situation? :crybaby:

OMFG!:shocked: I bet you it's the same nut that's doing the EXACT SAME THING to me!!!:cursing: I think this chick is a scammer that needs to be reported to eBay ASAP!

Hi H Addict and Pro shopper!
I am her third victim as I sold her a neo speedy last month! Help tPF members, what do we do????? I did contact customer support and they said not to worry, but ebay doesn't protect the seller as well these days.

Me and rolexgirl are now working on the situation as the buyer has sent us both the exact same emails with the exact same replica website...not sure what she is trying to pull here but we are very concerned it is a chargeback!

IMO odor is subjective and a card buyers tend to pull when nothing is really wrong with the item, but they want to return it. It's nothing they can prove, and is their word against yours. And in the case of eBay, their word unfortunately holds more weight. Offering remedies may not have been the best response since in a sense it admits there is something off with the bag. This buyer is obviously after something.... Did you offer her any sort of partial? Maybe just say take this or send it back. Tell her that you'll be opening the parcel w\ your attorney and filming it. You'll find out if she actually wants to keep it or not.

Me, rolexgirl and h addict are experiencing the same thing. Not sure exactly what is going on yet but she sent me an email saying that everything is ok and she is a member here now so I really do not want to post id....pm me if you want it please

Very worried about chargeback :tdown: