HELP! Buyer bought my Authentic LV wallet and trying to do bait & switch

Jul 10, 2007
PLEASE HELP!!!
I sold my Louis Vuitton AMBER Mat wallet with/includes original gift LV box, receipt, care booklet, and 2 tags and

Now this SCAMMER buyer is saying / LYING! That she rec'd 4oz. Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture sheer tint spf 15 was in the LV gift box along with a copy of receipt, and 2 tags.
[/FONT]

What do I DO???
I'm so so so upset!

She had contacted me after the auctioned ended, so like a complete idiot I sent her a paypal invoice.
She had this planned from the start!
Oh why didn't I just listen to my gut and not sell it to her:crybaby::crybaby:

Any Advise?
I can't believe this ........

For now all you can do is be cool and tell her you are well aware of what you sent. You have pics on your auction and that is what you sent. I wish people would stop doing this. You may wish to contact ebay and make them aware of her claims. I dont know if it will help but you can try. I dont know what else to advise...

omg...the lengths people will go to to scam others...I was thinking of listing some things on eBay but all this just scares the sh!t outta me...you may want to mention that you will get the post office authorities involved...best of luck...

What a Scam! I, as a buyer, have gotten the wrong thing (the buyer switched pkgs--honest mistake) and I sent my whatever-it-was to the correct person and the other person sent me my item and the seller sent us both money to pay for the shipping. Fortunately for me, we were all honest.

Is there a chance someone stole the wallet in transit and replaced it with the moisturizer (tinted on top of it all!)? (BTW, I don't think that Neutrogena moisturizer is available in stores anymore--I used to use it in the summer and can't find it.)

This is really sad for you, please let us know how it works out.

Was it insured? I would try to scare her - tell her that you absolutely sent her the wallet and if the wallet wasn't in there than someone at the post office must've tampered with it and you'll need her to work with you on filing the insurance claim as this would be considered mail fraud and a federal crime. Then tell her she needs to put everything back in the box as she received it and take a picture of it on a postage scale showing the exact weight because that's the absolute proof you'll need that what you sent is different than what she received. Save copies of all of your emails because if she files a claim you'll want to be able to show them to Paypal. I'm sorry this happened to you and I hope you can get it worked out.

I'd tell her that you take pictures of all of your items prior to shipping them. Tell her you photograph the item in the box with her shipping info on the shipping label in the picture prior to sealing the box. Maybe she'll back off. I'd also empty your PayPal account if you haven't already before she tries to open a claim.

Since you shipped the wallet with the box and everything, the weight of the package should be a LOT more than if you just had Neutragena in it. Your shipping receipt most likely has the weight marked on it, and that is proof to Paypal that what you shipped weighed more than what she claims she received.

I should have known better...ugh.
She only had 5 feedback -- I bet she scams people then becomes a non registered user and starts over.
Yes I sent it unsured - someone else besides her signed for it - probably her partner in crime.

This is so horrible.

I worry about this ALL of the time. I guess the only way you can be safe is to have the post office person check the contents before posting it.

As for this situation - tell her that when you posted it, it had the wallet, so someone at the Post Office must have tampered with it and she needs to file a complaint with them.

Good luck