Help! Business Affinity or Rectangular Mini?

Which one would you choose?

• Business Affinity (caviar)

Votes: 37 43.0%
  • Rectangular Mini (lambskin)

Votes: 49 57.0%

• Total voters

katherinexo

Jun 8, 2015
I visited the Bellagio Chanel store in Las Vegas and decided to look around (mistake #1 LOL). I initially saw the gray Business Affinity and since my SA saw how much I loved the gray color, she pulled out the rectangular mini (mistake #2 LOL) and seriously my heart sang and I fell in love with it. The one problem is that it's lambskin and I felt like the puffs were a little flat from what I've seen from other people's photos of their lambskin bags,

This is my first Chanel and I don't want to make the wrong choice... especially for such an expensive bag.
I love how causal the BA is and the caviar leather is perfect, but I'm more in love with the rectangular mini + I feel like I can dress it up or down.
What are your experiences with lambskin?! Is it as bad as everyone says?

I would love to hear your input on either bags and leathers please :smile:

chanel mod.jpg
I don't have a mod shot with the Business Affinity because I wasn't as in love haha. I believe I placed a filter on this so the mini isn't as true to color!

chanel ba.JPG
Again, filtered :/ (I get too filter friendly on snapchat) it's not as light as this gray.

It sounds like you like the mini way more than you like the BA. The only thing it sounds like you prefer on the BA is the caviar, which I understand! I personally only buy caviar bags, but I hear the lambskin can actually withstand quite a bit. Perhaps someone who uses their lambskin bag daily could tell you how it wears for them.

IMO, the only mistake in Chanel is not going with your heart. Get what you absolutely love, especially for Chanel money!

Reactions: katherinexo
It sounds like you like the mini way more than you like the BA. The only thing it sounds like you prefer on the BA is the caviar, which I understand! I personally only buy caviar bags, but I hear the lambskin can actually withstand quite a bit. Perhaps someone who uses their lambskin bag daily could tell you how it wears for them.

IMO, the only mistake in Chanel is not going with your heart. Get what you absolutely love, especially for Chanel money!

I seriously do LOVE the mini, I do like the BA just not as much. I guess I'll just have to wait out for a caviar gray or black mini :3
Thank you :heart:

Reactions: MahaM
I got the small classic flap this season in grey lamb skin and trust me the lamb skin this season is much more durable than a normal chanel lambskin (I have a medium cf in black lamb). If the only thing you are hesitant about is the leather, I would say don’t worry too much. The mini looks gorgeous on you. :smile:

I got the small classic flap this season in grey lamb skin and trust me the lamb skin this season is much more durable than a normal chanel lambskin (I have a medium cf in black lamb). If the only thing you are hesitant about is the leather, I would say don’t worry too much. The mini looks gorgeous on you. :smile:
O:huh:oo! That's super good to know! Thank you so much for the confirmation! :heart: :heart:

Reactions: Mom30raps
This grey colour is amazing and rare. The mini looks awesome. I would get it before someone else does. You can always sell it if you can get your hands on a grey caviar mini. I have been waiting for a couple of years for this colour in caviar. I missed out on the 17b and haven’t seen one since.

This grey colour is amazing and rare. The mini looks awesome. I would get it before someone else does. You can always sell it if you can get your hands on a grey caviar mini. I have been waiting for a couple of years for this colour in caviar. I missed out on the 17b and haven’t seen one since.
My SA said the same exact thing about this color being rare, I wanted a black mini but she said I should go with the gray instead since it stands out more too!

Reactions: Jdltcb
You cannot go wrong with the mini! I have two minis in lambskin and they are both really robust and durable. The feel is so much more luxurious as is the look. GL deciding..I hope you get the grey mini, it looks great on you!

I use a ribbon with mine and its been fine. Trick is use a thin ribbon so it won't damage the leather part of the strap it touches. Also, the color of the ribbon should be pretty close to the color of your purse so it wouldn't be so noticeable when you open your purse. Get the mini if you really love the color! I saw it in person and it is a beautiful shade of grey.

I have seen both bags in person at multiple boutiques and here are my two cents: I vote for the BA.

Granted, the BA has its own issues (flipping forward esp when empty being a major one) but it is super functional and the grey is to die for! The reason I didn't get the grey this season is because I already have 2 BAs and got the BA backpack lol.

The major issue I have with the 19B grey rectangular mini (as much as I love it in the SHW) is the flat quilts. It might be a non-issue to others but this really breaks the deal for me. I personally prefer puffy quilts and the flattened look does not interest me. That said, I have seen the grey classic in ML and square mini and both were breathtaking! If you have a change and are open to other options I highly recommend giving them a chance as well (: the chain length on the square mini works much better as well. I'm petite and I always have to shorten the chain on the rec minis with a ribbon FYI. If you cannot tell already I always prefer the square mini if I get to choose lol

So overall ranking (from the most preferable) :square mini - BA - rectangular mini