HELP!!! Bubblegum First would you still consider it in Mint Condition?

I feel it would be presumptuous on my part to state unequivocally whether or not I think the bag is in the condition represented without seeing it in person.

I know that it is extremely difficult to photograph some flaws (particularly the color variations, but also soiling). I really don't feel I have enough info to determine whether or not I would be satisfied with this bag for the price paid, and I am surprised that so many people are strongly stating, with confidence, that they would be satisfied without seeing it in person.

Because of the level of uncertainty you continue to express, my recommendation is to ask the seller if you can return it for a refund.

ITA!!! Well said sweetie... :lol:

Thanks for all your advice, opinions and support. The seller contacted me and said all sales are final and that I should put it on ebay if I don't want it. I would of been ok with if she had at least offered to take a bit off the sale or refund my shipping. It is a nice bag and I do like it but that is not what this is about. This was about principle and the bag not as described. You can not state the bag is in Mint condition and like new and then have fading and dirt marks on the bag. I am sorry but it isn't. I may go through paypal since she doesn't even want to consider working with me and states she did the best she could with the listing. How much longer would it of taken her to say that the color had shifted a bit and the zipper had made marks on the inside of the bag from use. She chose not to and I didn't ask because she claimed the bag was mint so why would I assume it was anything else but that.

I can tell you right now ebay and paypal won't do jack for you. i had to deal with this recently. the best thing you can do is do a chargeback on your CC.

While I don't think the bag is in bad condition, I have to admit that it's probably not what I'd have expected from a description like this:

IN ABSOLUTELY MINT CONDITION!
THE BAG IS JUST BREATHTAKING!!!
THE HANDLES ARE CLEAN,THE CORNERS ARE IN AMAZING CONDITION
PERFECTLY CLEAN AND NEW

If the auction said no returns up front, then you have to pretty much accept that she's going to stick to that. But you could leave neutral feedback saying that you received it, it's nice, but wasn't adequately described...or something like that.

IN ABSOLUTELY MINT CONDITION!
THE BAG IS JUST BREATHTAKING!!!
THE HANDLES ARE CLEAN,THE CORNERS ARE IN AMAZING CONDITION
PERFECTLY CLEAN AND NEW

This is known as marketing hype... we deal with that all the time in the newspaper, on TV. Savvy consumers would always take things with a huge pinch of salt. Why should eBay be any different?

Because on ebay when you are buying things sight unseen it is even more important for the seller to be very detailed in what the item looks like and any flaws, defects, wear ect the item may have. It protects both the buyer and the seller from the hassles that not doing so brings.

I see b-bag auctions all the time that are very detailed about what is wrong (if anything) with the bag.

I think the bag is beautiful and, given that it is a 2005 bag, it is in extremely good condition. In fact, you will probably have a hard time finding another as nice. I would just let it go and consider myself lucky to have a nice bag that I desperately wanted. But that's just me.

I've been watching that bag on Ebay for a long time and personally, I think you got a STEAL on that bag! Great deal and for an '05 bag I think it's in fabulous condition. I would have been thrilled to get that bag at that price. But you are right and it is totally understandable why you aren't satisfied with it.

"PERFECTLY CLEAN AND NEW" is advertising it as brand new and she doesn't mention any flaws. She's been trying to get rid of that bag for a long time, but it's still not acceptable to advertise it as better condition than it really is. It is still a great deal but if I were you I would return it because you definitely aren't happy with it. She did misrepresent it so that should be all you need to receive a refund from her. Tell her you aren't satisfied because the bag was misrespresented. It is not new as advertised. Tell her if she doesn't accept a refund you will have to file a Paypal claim and charge back with your credit card company and negative feedback will be left...

If I wanted a bag that looked new, I would buy a new bag. Did she list it as 'new with tags' or 'used'? I do think the bag looks really lovely and in amazing condition, but if I thought some super minor flaws that may or may not have been there when it was new would bug me I would only buy new. I think you may have a fight on your hands to get your money back - but good luck all the same! JMHO, and you must do what feels right for you.

If I wanted a bag that looked new, I would buy a new bag. Did she list it as 'new with tags' or 'used'? I do think the bag looks really lovely and in amazing condition, but if I thought some super minor flaws that may or may not have been there when it was new would bug me I would only buy new. I think you may have a fight on your hands to get your money back - but good luck all the same! JMHO, and you must do what feels right for you.

It was listed as used but in mint condition.:shrugs: I still personally think the bag looks great and the price was good.

I just wanted to let you know that reading all these posts and thinking about things over night has helped me a great deal. I have also learned quite a bit about b-bags that I did not know but is really good knowledge to have if I am planning on buying another bag in the future. Thank you to all that have commented and given their point of veiw.

The seller called me this morning and left a message. She was very nice and we are working it out. I am not going to return the bag. I did click the BIN button and after hearing it from all of you I am no longer worried that I did not get a good deal. Not that a getting a good deal was the big issue.

I think I just freaked and over-reacted a bit because this is the second time I have bought a bag on ebay (the other was a coach) that the seller said like new, Mint and the bag was clearly not when it arrives. For me when the bag is not as decribed it takes away my joy of getting and opening the package.

I would of been estatic to open the bubblegum first if I had known ahead of time the small flaws it had. Flaws really do not bother me as long as I know about them first.

So this is a lesson for me that I should always ask the seller before I push any buttons if there are any small flaws that I should know about. That way there are no problems after the sale.

I am going to hold on to the bag a while and see if I grow to love her after my inital dissapointment. If not, the good news is there is always ebay.

I don't know the original auction - but how were the pictures? This is another reason to post lots and lots of LARGE clear pictures - Also be wary of buying off eBay if the pictures aren't great - ya know? caveat emptor and all.

I must say that most of the spots you highlighted are miniscule. I had brown spots larger than those on a new BI Twiggy from LVR, but they don't bother me at all. Overall, the wear on your bag is minimal for a used bag. I paid more than 50% over retail for an eggplant City with worse wear than that, but like I said, it doesn't bother me because a secondhand bag is a secondhad bag – I would not really consider the "flaws" you have shown flaws at all, but that is just me; to me, it's ONLY a handbag.

i'm with you... because with balenciaga bags, even a NEW from store one still had its flaws...
it's a gorgeous bag after all...