Help! Broken threads in the quiltings

missTeresaDee

Mar 21, 2014
I just opened my new black lamb mini and there are a couple of flaws on both side of the grommets.
On one side of the grommet has a lose thread
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405973651.801106.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1405973662.179652.jpg
The other side has a bigger problem, it seems like the quilting thread got ripped? Or something one of them isn't even threaded
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405973742.701189.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405973758.415232.jpg

I already contacted the SA and there isn't another one for me to exchange into... Sigh what can I do? Anyone has had a similar problem? Thanks!!

Noooo!!! I am so sorry! I had this happened on my red caviar 00V WOC. It started to completely unravel, so return it for sure. I am sad that you can't find another one!! UGH! So frustrating! :rant:

I just opened my new black lamb mini and there are a couple of flaws on both side of the grommets.
View attachment 2693545View attachment 2693546
The other side has a bigger problem, it seems like the quilting thread got ripped? Or something one of them isn't even threaded
View attachment 2693548
View attachment 2693549

I already contacted the SA and there isn't another one for me to exchange into... Sigh what can I do? Anyone has had a similar problem? Thanks!!

I think you should just go total refund on this one. The stitching in the long run will probably get even more loose. It's up to you, but I'm sure another will come around soon that has secure stitching. Good luck dear.

You can always take it in for repair of the stitching. The folded over bit on the chain is normal.

The bag should not have got through quality control checks - it is not good enough for a bag at this price point. What a shame - can they not get you a replacement from another store?

o no, I have no concern for the chains. I think i drew my circle too big. It is the lose thread and the skipped stitch quilting? I think it was ripped almost?

Chanel can restitch the entire bag if need be; I'd take it in unless you want to try to find one from another source (and get a refund for this one); if so, keep an eye out for the "authentic finds" thread and I'll keep an ear out as well.

Thanks! I think if I cannot find another one... I will send it in for repair..I do like this particular one. SO SADDDD =(

I'm so sorry you got one with "issues." :sad: Hopefully Chanel will fix it quickly so that you have it back soon, if you decide to keep this one. In the meantime, perhaps you'll find another than you really love.

View attachment 2693545View attachment 2693546
View attachment 2693548
View attachment 2693549

Oh! So sorry to hear that! Is it quite rare? If they don't hv another one, get the money back

I would return it or get them to repair it, I would not keep a bag with that fault in case it got worse. I am amazed this was not seen prior to shipping it out? They look like major faults to me.