Help! Bridal Shower Invitations

Odette

<3 life
O.G.
Aug 20, 2007
I am the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding and planning her shower. I am desperately trying to find affordable bridal shower invitations - she is having a 60's mod-themed wedding and wants bright colors - there is no set color scheme. I was thinking a bright aqua blue because her shower will be in the early summer. I cannot find suitable invitations at any stores near me so I've been scouring the internet - but everything is so expensive! I need about 75 invitations as her and her fiance have big families. I am not rich so I can't afford to spend over a dollar per invitation because I have to buy all the bridal shower decorations and accessories too. I'm crafty so I'm not opposed to making them - but I can't even find any kits that are affordable either.

Does anyone have any ideas? I don't even know where to start and I'm running out of time...:sweatdrop:

TIA!

Why dont you just find a great pic of the bride and groom/ or just one of the bride (that she approves of) and use them as save the date postcards. Just get the same pic reprinted 75 times. Sorry thats the only thing I could come up with. EEK!

Definitely make your own. Get some decent cardstock, print the information on them, then you can embellish them with some graphics, cut them with some fancy scissors, or use some cute punches. The whole thing shouldn't cost more than $10-20.

If you want something cheap with pre-printed graphics, try the bigger office supply stores or Kinkos. I used to get a lot of invitation type cards at Kinkos, they had really nice ones. You can get the envelopes there as well.

Definitely make your own. Get some decent cardstock, print the information on them, then you can embellish them with some graphics, cut them with some fancy scissors, or use some cute punches. The whole thing shouldn't cost more than $10-20.

If you want something cheap with pre-printed graphics, try the bigger office supply stores or Kinkos. I used to get a lot of invitation type cards at Kinkos, they had really nice ones. You can get the envelopes there as well.

I think this is what I am leaning towards, I was hoping I could find something already done for me so I wouldn't have to create 75+ invitations...but I guess if you're not made of money it'll just take more time!

Thanks everyone - if anyone else has more suggestions or websites please share!

I was going to suggest this. Even Target has some that are pre-made and some you can set up your printer to print the details. Personally, if cost is an issue, I'd go w/ a simple invitation and put the money into the actual shower.

Here's some from Target:

http://www.target.com/b/ref=sc_fe_l_2_12945861_12/602-3413262-3571837?ie=UTF8&node=345616011

I'd look at pre-made ones or get a very basic one. For the bride, you could make a "special" one for a memory book or only send "special ones" to close family/friends. Tons of ppl just throw invitations away after RSVP'ing anyway and mark it on a calendar.

Well I found a solution (I think) - I found out that the bride's uncle works for a printing shop, and I sent the jpg file of the invitation I designed online (but could not afford) - he printed it on cardstock and he said that it looks good, is mailing me a proof of it. Crossing my fingers that it looks good!

Well I found a solution (I think) - I found out that the bride's uncle works for a printing shop, and I sent the jpg file of the invitation I designed online (but could not afford) - he printed it on cardstock and he said that it looks good, is mailing me a proof of it. Crossing my fingers that it looks good!

This is a good hookup!

Last year my good friend's sister was having a baby shower and she said she was using MS paint to put an invite together, which I couldn't let happen... so I offered to help create a nice invitation.. she printed it out on some nice paper and voila!

It's the sentiment, not the money!

This is a good hookup!

Last year my good friend's sister was having a baby shower and she said she was using MS paint to put an invite together, which I couldn't let happen... so I offered to help create a nice invitation.. she printed it out on some nice paper and voila!

It's the sentiment, not the money!

Oh, no! I don't use MS Paint for anything except resizing pics from my digital camera before I email them!