HELP! Bought dresses that's a size (or two, or three) too small.

J_L33

O.G.
Feb 28, 2010
So, there was a huge boxing day sale, and I purchased three dress Size 0 from a popular on-line website; two were a size 0 and one was a size 2 (from Issa). I got them for a steep discount that I don't think I'll be able to get anywhere. Also, since I live in Canada, I had to pay for shipping/handling/duties...

Anyway, the Issa dress is manageable (I can't zip it the whole way up) but the other two wrap designs are so small...I have a big bust (34 D) and I've recently gained a lot of weight...I still look somewhat shapely (i.e. not that bad) since my big bust offsets my weight gain, which is mostly in my belly (I'm apple shaped). I'm going to the gym to lose that weight, but not going often enough as I should. I currently weight 140+ pounds and I'm 5'2", give or take a little; according to this my BMI is in the "overweight" region.

I think I'm past the 30-days return policy, because I ordered the dresses on Dec 19th, but I was shipped at my doorstep on the last week of December (maybe 26th or 27th). The on-line person told me that I can try and ask the store for a small exception especially since I live in Canada (I told her that I was going to get my friend to hand it back since I didn't want to pay for the return shipping), and also since I didn't get my package until about 7 days later...

What do you guys think? I honestly just want to use the dresses as motivation to lose weight because I really love them, but my mom thinks otherwise. She went on a long spiel about how it's hard to lose weight and how better things will come along. True, but there were a lot of "better" things that I really regret not buying, plus I'm still "young" and I want to enjoy my youth by "wasting" a bit of money to try to find my style...which I still haven't been able to do due to certain things...

P.S. They're informal bridesmaid dresses.

Agree with your mom that better things will come along. Return the dresses or sell them on ebay and buy things that fit better :smile: Sorry I know how frustrating it is to buy things online and have them not fit.

Thanks guys. I'm exchanging the Issa dress for a slightly bigger size, but the other two are sold out so I'm able to get store credit...*insert big sigh here* My mother is overjoyed that I actually listened to her.

I think you did the right thing. Much better to buy for your size. And by the time they fit again, (even if you lose the weight quickly) there's a decent that you won't like them or they may not flatter as you thought they would. Also, sometimes I've found that I think of the I'm-sorry-I-didn't-get-it items as better than they are cracked up to be.

Thanks guys. I'm exchanging the Issa dress for a slightly bigger size, but the other two are sold out so I'm able to get store credit...*insert big sigh here* My mother is overjoyed that I actually listened to her.

Good decision. I bought a Tory Burch dress that was two sizes too big, hoping I could get it altered. No way! Sent it back, the money is better in my bank account than theirs :biggrin: