Help! Blondie Needs Color Advise! Asap!

I personally like the whiskey and the old grey the best. ;) But that's just me. I would definitely recommend taking a look in rl if you can. Almost all these colorings are flattering, so I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Think of what types/colors you like to wear and associate with that. I bought a beautiful chamois bag only to realize that the tone did not work for me.

Good luck and when you do buy, please post! We love to see pics!

lordguinny said:
tod, your avatar is so cute! Your Edith looks scrumpi-dee-licious too!!! Did you ever post photos of her?

Thanks Lord!:tender: yup yup, scrumpi-dee-licious she is! I did post pics of her but let me present her here again...:cutesy:

Attachments

• IMG_0219.JPG
    IMG_0219.JPG
    216.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0217.JPG
    IMG_0217.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0225.JPG
    IMG_0225.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 39
thanks for the tip! I will send her back to LVR if I believe I could get a better color. I figured they would have a great wóne since they are in Italy and NAP is in England...but I'm clueless. How is the color suppose to look, reddish? or more brown? an is the leather supposed to be distressed or look "used"? how do you know the color is great? (Maybe you just "know" when you see your edith)
I'm going to St Tropez and Cannes the 23rd of July so if LVR-Edith isn't lovely maybe I'll get her in la France :smile:
There is no-one in Stockholm selling Ediths...only Paddys :sad:

Agnes, congratulations on your Edith to come!:flowers: The color (to me) is a reddish brown. The pics posted in this thread pretty much capture the true whiskey color. As for the leather - its pebbled vs smooth. Wrinkled vs more stiff, upright looking. It really depends on what look you want. It really varies from each bag. I think that when you see her "live" you'll know whether she's the right one. Personally, I prefer the pebbled, wrinkled look.

tod said:
Agnes, congratulations on your Edith to come!:flowers: The color (to me) is a reddish brown. The pics posted in this thread pretty much capture the true whiskey color. As for the leather - its pebbled vs smooth. Wrinkled vs more stiff, upright looking. It really depends on what look you want. It really varies from each bag. I think that when you see her "live" you'll know whether she's the right one. Personally, I prefer the pebbled, wrinkled look.

I agree with Tod (whose Edith is TDF, btw!!). I received two Ediths, one was smooth, buttery and stiffer. One was wrinkly, pebbled and smooshy. I kept the pebbled/wrinkled one. It is all personal taste. I find that each lady prefers one or the other and will know once they receive it in the mail.

The whiskey color, like tod mentioned, is reddish brown. It looks...well,like whiskey! It is a very strong, rich and impressive color. Unique, for sure!

i'm late to this, but i'm blonde and have a whiskey paddy shopper tote... i think it's their best color, most original and really goes with everything and season to season....enjoy!!!!!

oh I'm so bummed that LVR takes such a loooong time (ie more than 2 days) to ship... I have already e-mailed them twice asking if they shipped it yet.
I CAN'T WAIT!:hysteric:

At least this shows I really want this bag...I want my Edith. I NEED my Edith. now! Oh lord, I haven't gotten her yet and I'm already addicted.
When she arrives, I know I will make up a thousand excuses to get out of the house and show her off.
Ha-ha I'm always silly like that when I get a new bag, I go in to all the posh stores and stroll aroud putting my new baby in everyone's faces. I don't even look at the items in the store, I can only think of how beautiful my bag is.
Ahhh, I long for the day of Edith.:rolleyes:

BTW, has anyone gotten their Edtih from NAP.com or Brownsfashion.com? Where they pebbled and wrinkled? 'cause thats the way I like her...

Hi there! I am also very blonde, with green eyes and wear a lot of bronzing powder... I would go for the mastic, very unusual or the jade- a lovely colour to brighten up winter ;)

I think you have made a fab decision. I adore the Whiskey and think the colour is perfect for the Edith.

Congrats Vivienne, I adore your colour choice too!!

hope you can post some lovely new pictures for us to look at soon :biggrin:

With your colouring (and eye colour), definitely the Gris Vert, IMO. :yes:

Also, as you (like me!) tend to wear neutral colours and black, you can afford to make a colour statement with your bag! :biggrin:

Edit: Just saw that you plumped for the Whiskey, I'm sure you'll be very happy with that colour, too!