Help, Bleeker or Classic??? New to this - SHOW me yours pls :)

braziliangirl

Apr 15, 2008
Guys, I do not own many COACH purses, I have 3 (white+silver signature / tan + brown signature and all black) and want to get a 4th one, LARGE, I have 3 kids and always have to carry my house with me LOL.
Anyway, my other purses are more trendy, this time I want a more classic, timeless look, I am looking at these 2, can someone please point out the difference??

COACH
classic duffle
in leather

OR

BLEECKER
duffle bag
in leather

I am really loving the olive moss and the British tan. The navy. Well, most of them LOL

THANK YOU :smile:

I have the classic duffle from when it was re-released a few years ago. Far and away my favorite bag, it arrived already soft and slouchy and perfect. I note that the Bleeker duffle is a smaller than the classic as well. I find my classic to be just the right size, so you may want to go try both on. That may make the decision easy for you. But for me, classic duffle all the way!

thank you, I defintely want it larger, I am tall-ish so it is ok to be large. I am very very tempted to get the Classic Duffle. Just cant decide the color.....also looking on Ebay, most there are in black, I def want some other color ;)

Thanks for your input :smile:

thank you, I defintely want it larger, I am tall-ish so it is ok to be large. I am very very tempted to get the Classic Duffle. Just cant decide the color.....also looking on Ebay, most there are in black, I def want some other color ;)

Thanks for your input :smile:

Do a search for coach legacy duffle, that will get you the brightly colored ones from a few years ago. I have Ultraviolet, its AMAZING! Just don't forget to use the authenticate this bag thread we have, its good to check before spending the money. But the legacy duffle came in wonderful colors and the leather is SO lovely.

Read the reviews on the classic duffle on coach.com. They are not all complimentary.

I love my bleecker duffles, but for years I did not want to invest in the classic, even though I loved it. Bleecker seemed higher quality to me. I only saw the classic one IRL once and the leather did seem a bit thin.

Classic has a round bottom, no lining, I think. Bleecker has lining and an oval bottom. I think the oval bottom is a little nicer to carry.

You also have the option of grommets with bleecker.

I notice differences in the leather colors too - they feel different to me. In my mini duffles, black seemed the softest, then olive gray, but gray seemed stiffer. Brick seems about like olive gray. Could be my imagination. I am also picky about how the edgepaint color (usually black) works with the leather color. (I don't know if classic has edgepaint.) IMO, the closer the leather color is to the edgepaint color, the nicer the bag looks. Just depends, though.

Could you order both and return the one you don't want? Zappos might be good place to buy from if you are worried about returning.

EDIT: Another difference is with classic, you get the bright brass hardware. With Bleecker, it usually dark more neutral hardware that can blend equally well with silver or gold jewelry.

thank you,
I contacted Coach and was told that the leather is the same on both??
Also, I am glad I posted here because I was totally under the impression that the CLASSIC had oval bottom and BLEECKER was round....hmmm

Is the Bleecker much smaller?

I have the newer Bleecker soft port duffle and love it!! It is super soft and squishy and holds a TON! I know it will be in my rotation for years to come. It makes the perfect road trip handbag, and when we go to the movies I load it up. It is also the perfect "I am not willing to take out a small loan to buy snacks at the movies" bag.

I have the newer Bleecker soft port duffle and love it!! It is super soft and squishy and holds a TON! I know it will be in my rotation for years to come. It makes the perfect road trip handbag, and when we go to the movies I load it up. It is also the perfect "I am not willing to take out a small loan to buy snacks at the movies" bag.

Nice, where is it on the website? I do not see it?? :P

The 2007 Bleecker you asked to get authenticated is not the same as the current Bleecker. That is also a very nice bag but probably not the one you want. The one in the listing is small. They made a larger version 11423. The bottle green is muted and dark. Personally I love the color but at times it looks gray. These have an oval bottom. The braided strap is gorgeous and I love the lining. I have two bags from this collection and the quality is amazing.

The classic duffle is huge and only has one tiny pocket. It is a black hole. On me, it looks ridiculous because the round bottom makes it stick out a mile from my body. Look at the depth measurement compared to the others. If I were going to get one of these, I would think about getting vintage because some of the leathers on the classics aren't the best. The other thing you should consider is that the strap on this isn't very long.

The Legacy duffle (from 2012) came in a large size and in lots of beautiful colors. It has a rectangular bottom so it fits flatter against your body. This is a great bag. The only problem with it is that the corners tend to show wear.

I haven't seen the current Bleeckers in person. The colors look pretty. Even on these, the oval bottom seems to stick out too far for me.

Keep in mind that all of these are north south styles so it may be hard to get to the stuff in the bottom of your bag.