HELP! Black Marks on the White Leather Straps of my NEW Flap! ADVICE???

pro_shopper

♥dreaming of Chanel♥
Apr 26, 2007
Hey Everyone!

As some of you know...I got my new Evening Star Flap not too long ago and I have been using it the past few days. I am always VERY careful with my bags! I never place it on the ground or use it in the rain...but the other day my bf noticed some small black marks on the white leather thats woven into the chain! I was so upset that I ordered a bottle of "meltonian leather cleaner", I remember another pf'er using it on her Chanel that had denim transfer. Does anyone have any other tips or recommendations of what I can use? Or even what I can do to prevent it from happening in the future?

I'm not sure what the marks are from...i'm wondering if its from the strap rubbing agains the opening of the bag???

Anyone have any advice???

I would really appreciate it!

TIA!

Attachments

• CC1.jpg
    CC1.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 608
  • CC2.jpg
    CC2.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 581
  • CC3.jpg
    CC3.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 543
Hi, the Meltonian worked well with my white Chanel caviar and removed dark denim/black stains on my LV purse, though I think it darkened the leather on my LV turning it a slighty darker patina. It was fine though on my white Chanel. I also use Lovin My Bags Pro-treatment which is supposed to help prevent staining. I love the Lovin My Bags, cleaners and protectors, but when I have dark stains, I noticed the Meltonian works better.

Hi, the Meltonian worked well with my white Chanel caviar and removed dark denim/black stains on my LV purse, though I think it darkened the leather on my LV turning it a slighty darker patina. It was fine though on my white Chanel. I also use Lovin My Bags Pro-treatment which is supposed to help prevent staining. I love the Lovin My Bags, cleaners and protectors, but when I have dark stains, I noticed the Meltonian works better.

^ Thanks so much for info!

i might be completely wrong... but i know LV metal can cause tarnish stains on their vachetta from where the metal rubs against it. i don't know the metal differences between LV and Chanel but i know that those stains can be rubbed off with a plain white eraser. it does kinda appear to be color rub off in the pics, tho...unless like you said it came from rubbing against the opening of the bag??

^i thought it was from the rubbing against the opening but then Chanel's hardware is gold plated so it should not cause tarnish unless the gold plating wears off. I know LV's use Golden Brass Hardware so that is why it could cause darkening!

I didn't think that wearing dark clothes could cause run off! i will be really careful now!

After you remove the bags, please please treat it with leather conditioner and then with the Meltonian leather protector. I sprayed my white lambskin ballerinas before I wore them and by the end of one day, I noticed that they somehow acquired black scuffs. As soon as I noticed them at home, I used my leather cleaner and they came off. I felt fortunate and was very pleased at how easy it was removed. And again this was on lambskin shoes.

Try not to wear anything dark that will transfer dye.

OK, what do you use as a leather conditioner? I usually do NOT use anything on my bags...

I managed to remove the marks with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (which was recommended to me by another pf'er), it worked really well and removed most of the marks! :yahoo: I was concerned that it would dry out the leather or damage it somehow! I have ordered the Metonian cleaner and its coming so please let me know for the condition...i might still be able to order it and get it all shipped out at once! :smile:

The Luvinmybags cream protector is a must for lambskin or caviar or any other leather for that matter. Once applied, it provides an invisible barrier against stains be it liquid or other. It saved my white caviar from ink damage off a business card! They recommend repeating monthly but it depends on how often one uses the purse. You can use it on any color lambskin without fear or darkening the leather! It's best to apply directly onto a new purse before the maiden voyage.

The Luvinmybags cream protector is a must for lambskin or caviar or any other leather for that matter. Once applied, it provides an invisible barrier against stains be it liquid or other. It saved my white caviar from ink damage off a business card! They recommend repeating monthly but it depends on how often one uses the purse. You can use it on any color lambskin without fear or darkening the leather! It's best to apply directly onto a new purse before the maiden voyage.

Thanks for the tip!

I will got out and buy a bottle of the luvinmybags cream protector for the straps of my evening star bag. The straps on the bag are not covered in patent but just the plain leather...i'm also not sure what kind of leather it is...on the price tag the SA wrote "caviar patent" but its not extremely textured like regular caviar bags.

I am just so paranoid about ruining my bags! Jmen have you used it on several bags and had no problems? Even the lighter lambskin bags? The lambskin bags seem so delicate!

I managed to remove the marks with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (which was recommended to me by another pf'er), it worked really well and removed most of the marks! :yahoo: I was concerned that it would dry out the leather or damage it somehow! I have ordered the Metonian cleaner and its coming so please let me know for the condition...i might still be able to order it and get it all shipped out at once! :smile:

just be careful with the magic eraser. it works well, but it can dry out the leather with too much use or on older bags. also make sure to allow the bag to dry completely. congrats on being able to get out those marks! :biggrin: