HELP! Black jumbo from Saks w/o original tag?

formemory

Nov 4, 2008
Ladies,

I recently bought a jumbo in black patent leather from Saks. It came with the new packaging, the booklet and the authenticity card. But it's missing the original price tag. Isn't it weird that a "brand new" bag doesn't have its retail tag? I'm still hesitating if I'd keep it since it might be the last jumbo in blk patent in Saks. Does any of your have similar experience?

Thanks!

Ladies,

I recently bought a jumbo in black patent leather from Saks. It came with the new packaging, the booklet and the authenticity card. But it's missing the original price tag. Isn't it weird that a "brand new" bag doesn't have its retail tag? I'm still hesitating if I'd keep it since it might be the last jumbo in blk patent in Saks. Does any of your have similar experience?

Thanks!
Yes check the pockets...I think we found them in the back pockets (outside)

Don't let the tag make you returning the bag. If it's in a good brand new condition I would keep it
Ps: Chanel in Australia never sell the bag with their tag. We only get auth card, booklet, dust bag and box (they don't normally has the details sticker on the box either)

How is the condition of the bag? If it's good, looked brand new and you love it. I would keep it. Or call ur SA and ask about the tag. Good luck!

Unfortunately, the condition is not very good, numerous scratches on the inner side of the flaps....:wacko:

I did check all the pockets and the box carefully but still could not find the tag. I'm almost sure it's a display item. Sigh..... I told my SA that I wanted a brand new bag from their store room and he confirmed that. So disappointing...

The Chanel boutiques don't have tags on their bags & it's a hit or miss with the correct tags/boxes at the dept stores. I wouldn't worry about it if the condition of the bag is perfect. However since yours isn't in perfect condition, I'd return it & have your SA locate another one for you. I'ts too much $$$ not to be 100% happy with your purchase.

No, I don't think it's strange.
When I bought my Jumbo directly from the CHANEL boutique in Bellagio. I didn't receive a price tag, however if it's going to bug you. I would suggest going back and asking for one.:smile:

Hi,
I purchased a black caviar jumbo three weeks ago from SAKS. It came directly from the warehouse and had the pleasure of actually be present when the purse, dust bag, white booklet, and card were unpacked from the warehouse shipping box. The tag was inside next to the lipstick compartment. If your bag looks and smells new I would not worry about the tag. I'm sure that when the SA put the purse, card etc.in the box she forgot to put the tag inside. Hope it all works out for you.

I don't think the issue is the tag- the issue is that the bag is not in perfect condition. That means it was either returned and the first person to buy it cut the tag off, or it was on display. No other reason for so many scratches!

Return it for another one. Your SA should be able to bring in another black jumbo for you to look at.

Unfortunately, the condition is not very good, numerous scratches on the inner side of the flaps....:wacko:

I did check all the pockets and the box carefully but still could not find the tag. I'm almost sure it's a display item. Sigh..... I told my SA that I wanted a brand new bag from their store room and he confirmed that. So disappointing...

hmmm..I wouldn't be happy with all the inner scratches. I understand that inside the flaps can be scratches easily by our nails or keys etc, but I would rather be the one who made those scratches. If your SA can find another one, you should do an exchange.

I recently got a large flap from Saks. It came with tag attached. But, there are scratches on the turn knob and the bag look used. They send me a second bag, the second bag has tag attached, chain wrapped, cloth between flap and bag...

Department store can put a tag on easily. Therefore, it can be a used bag with or without the tag. As long as the bag is in perfect condition, don't worry about the tag. Due to experience, I don't trust Saks very much.