Help! Black Caviar Jumbo - GHW or SHW

2shai_

GGH Searching
Sep 25, 2008
I know this has been discussed in many threads in the past already, but I need you tpfer's reassurance. I bought a Black Caviar Jumbo a week ago in GHW and i absolutely love it. But then I've seen other people wear the jumbo in SHW and it looks much more modern and chic. And since then I've been asking myself if I should exchange the jumbo into SHW instead. I wear a mix of both gold and silver jewelry such as earrings (more of diamond and pearl earrings) to watches in these tones. I'm feeling that maybe the GHW might look old on me. But I'm not so sure, I can really match the SHW with most of my clothes. But for the GHW it really matches my coats since I have coats that are more earthy toned and as well another that perfectly matches my jumbo - a black coat with large gold buttons. I just turned 20 and i'm 5"1, I also look younger than my actual age. Maybe this can help. Are there anyone in their twenties having this problem? I can't really decide! I need your help! I have less than a week to decide if I should change....:confused1:

Just to let you know my other bags include a Fall 08 Black Striped Metallic in SZ 226 and a Vintage Camera bag in matte black with GHW (which I got this week). =) - I can't get both SHW and GHW coz I have literally spent all my budget for shopping this month.:tdown:

I'm 18 and I have a jumbo with gold hardware I bought and have been using since 17. I don't think it's too old looking. It's just a matter of preference!

I like the jumbo better with gold hardware however if you have a bag with gold hardware already, you might consider silver hardware. However since you have another bag with black hardware (can be worn this either colour jewelry) I think you could really go either way!

If you bought the gold hardware it's obviously your gut instinct, I tend to second guess myself when making big purchases.

Last edited:
I personally prefer the silver hardware on the jumbo and the gold hardware on the medium. The gold on the jumbo is really blingy cos the chains are much thicker, the look is totally different from the gold on the medium in my opinion, but still beautiful don't get me wrong! I am 30 and 5"2, and I think that jumbo with gold hardware gives me an oldish look.

Good luck with your decision!

i always debated over this & went for silver. but i also looked at all of my bags & realized how i never cared what the hardware color was. these chanel price tags are what make people overthink this decision :nogood: i think you should keep the gold. it pops so well against the black & if you want sil hw, get a woc. they're both very versatile, esp the woc on those hot summer days in NYC when u dont wanna carry much...

Actually both HW is very versatile but my heart still goes to Silver HW even though i go for any silver/gold jewelleries but it doesn't really matters much for me.

I like the look of silver HW than gold HW so it's up to individual preference.

I always thought I wanted the caviar jumbo with SHW but then one day I went in and tried on the jumbo with GHW. I was definitely converted to GHW!

I immediately changed my wish list in my signature to GHW! :heart:

Thanks everyone! I went to saks today to try on the SHW. And I'm also in love with it. Still thinking! But i have 1 day left to decide so I'm going to call chanel tmr and ask if they have a SHW available. If they don't I might keep the GHW.

Has anyone here bought the GHW then changed to SHW and didn't regret they've changed?