HELP! Best color for Quilted Bay!!?????

plzrck

Jan 7, 2007
Ok, I'm wanting to get a Quilted Bay, however I cannot decide on the color.:confused1: I already have a brown bag so I'm trying to decide between black or ivory. I think the ivory is beautiful but is it super hard to keep the ivory clean?? The black is gorgeous too, but I have always found black boring so I never buy it. Please ladies I need your help....

Have you seen pics of Susie's red quilted Bay? So beautiful! Otherwise I would go for the Ivory and be careful with it. White bags don't scare me - but all this is what I like and may not be your style!

Have you seen pics of Susie's red quilted Bay? So beautiful! Otherwise I would go for the Ivory and be careful with it. White bags don't scare me - but all this is what I like and may not be your style!

Yes I have seen her pics & it is gorgeous. I think that I'm afraid of color, because I usually buy browns & tans. I think I might go for the ivory, just don't know.

I have had ( and since sold) a Blanc Bay. I only used it a few times and for some reason, it never got dirty:nogood:. I'm not all that careful with my bags, so I'm not sure how it stayed pristine, but it did :tup:.

At one stage I had a large collection of quilted Bays, but sold off all the ones that didn't get enough use :sad:( you can see my collection in the 'All About The Bay' reference strand). The ones that I've kept are the Noir, Moka and Argent...so all the neutral colours basically.

The Noir was the first quilted Bay I bought and IMO it's the most practical, timeless ,chic and user friendly colour of the range. The Blanc is beautiful but felt very much like a summer bag to me. I adore the Moka:heart: but I guess you don't want another brown bag (it is a sumptuous hue though - have you seen one IRL ? Definitely worth checking out ). The Argent is very cool :supacool: but there is a problem with the coating of Chloe metallics rubbing off in places, so I wouldn't recommend that colour :nogood:.
Some of the other colours are stunning:love:, but I think the Noir would get my vote for being the best all round colour in this design.

I have a noir and it is great... you can dress it up or down... and it is extremely sturdy...
I agree with Brigitte that mocha is nice, and I like ecru as well... You cant go wrong with a Bay... it is so practical yet stylish...
Tag was right when she said the leather just gets better with time...

I :heart::heart::heart: my Moka. It is such a great color, and hey, you can never have enough brown bags, right?

However, if you want to go white or black, I would go with the Black, the Bay looks great in it, and you won't have to worry about it getting scuffed.

Bay bags don't really do it for me but occaisionally I think I want one and the color I most lust after in my head is probably argent but as tag said, I'd worry about the metallic coming off. I think the ivory/blanc is nice too and then probably the canelle.

Well? We all love the Bays in the color that we bought. I would center your choice on the hue you desire? If it's blanc (white) get it! I wouldn't stress over the transfer issue? I have three bags in white (one is a Chloe in mastic), one is a LAMB clutch and the last one is a Prada shoulder bag. None of these purses have shown transfer from my clothes. I wear them to death in the Spring and Summer seasons. Good luck with your decision?

Black may seem a little boring with other styles, but I think that the black quilted Bay is TDF. I have one white leather bag and I definitely only use it in the summer (and I am very carefull with it). My favorite Bay colors are the red and elephant (sort of a taupe/greyish). The good news it, whatever color you decide, your bag will be beautiful!