Help! Bare legs? Tights? what to do??

Tracy

shallowly obsessing
O.G.
Sep 30, 2007
I am attending a wedding December 29th. I'm wearing the dress below, with black pointy-toe heels.

What should I wear on my legs?

I am in New England so it WILL be cold! Buuut, I usually go bare leged(sp?) b/c I can't stand pantyhose!

Should I wear black tights? Pantyhose? Nothing? Help me!! TIA!

Attachments

• 78055_BK0001.jpg
    78055_BK0001.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 565
I definitely think you should wear black tights, it makes a dress look so nice in the winter! Maybe you could switch up the black pumps for gold, or something patent, so you don't look too black from head to toe. I recently bought Spanx tights in black, and they look SO cute with dresses!! You should try them. They are slightly slightly opaque, so you won't look completely dark and black on the bottom.

what about a pair of black opaque (or even nude colored) stockings? They make them now with lace at the top so they stay up without needing garters.

I'd probably just do some self-tanner and go with bare legs and a long warm coat. I know that tights and nylons can look great -- but I just don't think they are comfy...

Nude (or black) stockings would be best. I think opaque tights are too casual with that type of dress, especially for a wedding. If you really can't handle wearing stockings, then I think you should go bare. It will be cold walking to and from the car, but the reception hall will probably be toasty warm...

You could try some black stockings/tights with a pattern to them maybe.

I thought maybe a subtle pattern too. I was reading the Spanx thread and went to the website and they have some really nice black tights with a pattern.
Now I'm really confused.
Do you think that would be too casual?
The reason I shy away from nude stockings is that they never look natural on me, they are never sheer enough. They are either too light or too dark. And I'm always terrified of getting a run so I always buy 2 pair.....:girlsigh: