Help! Ballet flats for NYC in November?

Magda101

Mar 12, 2007
We are going to NYC next week for a week :smile: Yeayyy.

I am having trouble picking what clothes and shoes to bring. I know it will be cold but I can't seem to walk comfortably in boots. We will be sightseeing and using subways a lot. So I am thinking to bring my favorite Lanvin flat. But the color is rose pink :sad: and I realize it is more of a summer shoes.

I took a pic of myself with dark tights and the shoes.
What do you guys think? If I wear this for walking around nyc, do I look very out of place?

Attachments

• IMG_0112.JPG
    IMG_0112.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 168

plr16

Dec 12, 2008
If you're going to take the subway a lot I wouldn't advise it. I also wouldn't advise it if the weather isn't going to be nice. You might ruin your flats or at least need to take them for a really good cleaning. Maybe save them for a dinner where you won't be in the subway at all?

Dabyachunv

Praying
Aug 25, 2009
I agree with plr16-Please do not come all the way here to ruin your flats. It's cold and it rains on and off. Also, depending on what time you are taking the subway, you need to be prepared to have yout foot stepped on or stepping into something. Check the weather before you come ;)

natmk28

Jul 13, 2006
You'll look entirely fine in those- but like everyone said- u might ruin them.

I live in the city (not nyc, but same issues apply) and I don't even bother buying light colored flats- all my shoes get destroyed insanely quickly with all the walking on the dirty streets.

juicygrl41

Feb 14, 2008
it has been unnaturally warm here in nyc lately. yesterday was almost 70 and today was around 65. so i would say you would be fine wearing flats but since the shoes you want to wear are light pink i would not recommend it because they will get very dirty.

Magda101

Mar 12, 2007
juicygrl41: I love your avatar :biggrin:

Thank you all for your comments. Looking fwd to my trip. Getting so excited and nervous at the same time. I am the kind of person that seems to wear the wrong thing at the wrong time so I hate to look very out of place in new york. Appreciate all your comforting words.

elle tee

Dec 6, 2006
If you wear chic flats like those, you won't look out of place at all, especially if the rest of your outfit is wintry. But, like the others said, you may get them dirty, and there's a good chance that it will rain- I've wrecked a couple pairs of shoes in surprise rain storms, it's no fun and you wouldn't want that to happen to your lovely Lanvins!

na294

O.G.
Sep 24, 2009
They look great! Honestly your first priority should be bringing the most comfortable (but stylish at the same time of course) shoes possible. Sightseeing in NYC involves a ton of walking and you don't want to be in pain. I made the mistake of not bringing the most comfortable shoes when I went and I was in pain by the end of my three days. I ended up getting plantar fasciatis! I would also recommend getting heel shock absorbers (like dr scholls or something) from a drugstore to absorb some shock from the sidewalks, you can walk sooo much more in comfort too. Worth the 10 bucks!