HELP! Baby Gift Ideas & Websites!

jillybean307

Wanderlust
O.G.
Mar 9, 2006
Okay, so my knowledge of babies is limited to they cry a lot, and yet my boss has assigned me to picking out a baby gift for one of our clients.:tdown:

Can anyone point me to a website or two of cute baby gifts appropriate for someone you work with? We don't know their registry information otherwise I'd look there.

Thanks a million!

I got a Tiffany Bunny Bank from my husband's Bank. It is really sweet, and my daughter loves it now that she is 4.

I bought one for a friend's daughter, it makes a nice presentation...and it was like $75

I don't know if they still make them, I didn't see it on the website.

I went to Tiffany.com, the bunny bank is still there...they modified it a little. But it is still cute, it comes in pink and blue. It's an inexpensive gift, but you get all the pretty Tiffany wrapping and everything.

why don't you go to Babiesrus.com and see if they have a registry there. The bank Idea is cute but they may appreciate a more practical gift. You can buy a nice excersaucer,baby swing etc with 75 dollars !

My favorite baby gift, especially for first time mom is the little stuff they might not know about, but are lifesavers, wrapped in a nice basket, with tags or post its about each item.

My 'usual suspects':

~Baby gas drops...tag: These really work and can be a lifesaver.
~playtex tippy cup...tag: Everyone says their cups don't leak, but these are the only ones that really don't.
~a package of white 'onsies'....tag: the colored ones are cute, but these you can bleach.
~Baby einstein dvd...tag: No one wants the TV to be a babysitter, but sometimes, you just NEED 15 minutes.
~Johnson and Johnson Lavender bath and Johnson and Johnson soothing vapor bath...tag: Believe it or not these really work!
~a small stuffed pooh...tag:everyone needs a pooh bear
~sassy baby photo album....tag: Babies love pictures :smile:

All of these can be found at target, and should be right in your budget range...it really make a nice thoughtful gift.

the sassy book:

57605.jpg

2 awesome gifts I've given and received are Baby Einstein videos (I know BJs sells collections as well as Target and I'm sure you could find them on amazon) and Taggies blankets (those are pretty cheap, but could be combined with something else). http://www.taggies.com/

My daughter (now 5) still loves her taggies blanket! In fact, she loved it so much, I had to buy her back ups for my mom's house and her daycare provider's house! I think at this point, there's actually a whole line of "taggies" things.

Anyway, I'll stop babbling, but those are a couple of ideas. I'll post more if any come to me.

We went with the Tiffany's piggy bank! Thanks so much for the help all. We have a couple more pregnant clients so I'm book marking this thread for the future.

@Willowsmom-The little girl I sometimes babysit for has a Taggies blanket. We got it for her a few Christmases ago because she was always rubbing the tags on the back of our shirts when we'd pick her up. It's amazing how many kids like that!