HELP! Azur or Ebene Eva Clutch??

Babyb33, I'm in the UK too - Scotland, of all places! - so I know all about rain. I still have no idea what I'm going to do when I get a brand new bag that has a lot of vachetta. The idea of water spots etc terrifies me!

I LOVE the UK. I keep trying to talk my husband into getting a job ANYWHERE there so I can live there :biggrin:

Babyb33, I'm in the UK too - Scotland, of all places! - so I know all about rain. I still have no idea what I'm going to do when I get a brand new bag that has a lot of vachetta. The idea of water spots etc terrifies me!

Me too! That is why I STILL HAVENT USED MY TIVOLI PM YET! I just dont want to risk it - I would only use it if I am going somewhere indoors... its sooooo sad.

This is why you see I am fretting over choosing the damier ebene over the azur even though I love the azur more...

No point in getting a bag you are too afraid to use.

At the time I thought theres not much vachetta on the Eva clutch and maybe I could deal with it?

If I could I would just buy out the LV store.

:yahoo::graucho::nuts::P:biggrin:

Thanks for your advice. I was thinking along those lines too.

Ebene now... Azur later! I can get it in Rome when I go on holiday.

I'm from the UK, and the weather here is unfriendly to vachetta. Anyone who lives here would understand.

Feel sad that I am limited by the weather. I do love the Azur design dearly, but the clutch in ebene would definately be used more often and it would be more practical. It's a decision of logic vs heart :sad:

I can understand you! I'm living in Tuscany and it's not as rainy as the U.K
but i'm from Texas so weather is deff different!
Btw DON'T let the weather limit you!!

Me too! That is why I STILL HAVENT USED MY TIVOLI PM YET! I just dont want to risk it - I would only use it if I am going somewhere indoors... its sooooo sad.

This is why you see I am fretting over choosing the damier ebene over the azur even though I love the azur more...

No point in getting a bag you are too afraid to use.

At the time I thought theres not much vachetta on the Eva clutch and maybe I could deal with it?

If I could I would just buy out the LV store.

:yahoo::graucho::nuts::P:biggrin:

that is SO SAD about your tivoli! maybe you should get a small umbrella to put in your bag so you can take it out if the weather takes a turn for the worst?? I recently bought some stuff made especially for LV from lovemybags that I put on my vachetta that prevents water spots, and it has been working nicely so far.

lol. You may regret! Its so cold right now! And the skies are always grey. You only get around 4 months of sunshine!

Plus it would be a bad environment for your LVs!

I have an unnatural obsession with English History lol, I could deal with the bad weather to get to see all of the places I read about!

HeavenAF, don't bring your vachetta bags if you come here! :lol:

No, I like the UK too, but the weather is just ridiculous. In fact it was actually quite crisp and sunny here today but as I type this tonight, it's bucketing down with rain!

Babyb33, that's such a shame about your Tivoli! How long have you had it? Have you ever used it at all? I'm thinking maybe if you treat the vachetta with something first (I'm not an expert by any means!) it would be okay in the rain? I'm hoping so anyway. I would never deliberately get any of my bags wet, untreated leather or not, or expose them to adverse weather conditions for any length of time but surely we should be able to carry bags with vachetta in light rain and not have them completely destroyed?!

HeavenAF, don't bring your vachetta bags if you come here! :lol:

No, I like the UK too, but the weather is just ridiculous. In fact it was actually quite crisp and sunny here today but as I type this tonight, it's bucketing down with rain!

Babyb33, that's such a shame about your Tivoli! How long have you had it? Have you ever used it at all? I'm thinking maybe if you treat the vachetta with something first (I'm not an expert by any means!) it would be okay in the rain? I'm hoping so anyway. I would never deliberately get any of my bags wet, untreated leather or not, or expose them to adverse weather conditions for any length of time but surely we should be able to carry bags with vachetta in light rain and not have them completely destroyed?!

I am too afraid to treat it, I figured when the weather is more predictable I would use it. I do see alot of girls carry their monograms out and not seem to worry about the rain?? I dont know how they do it! Maybe they dont worry because its already patina-ed?

The tivoli PM bag was my first LV purchase! I havent used it since buying it in Paris... (it was sunny and did not rain there for a week!)

I want a damier ebene, damier azur and monogram piece to feel complete. I thought the monogram was perfect and suited the tivoli pm design, and it wouldnt look good in damier.

Verona PM is desirable in damier. What do you think?

I love Houston! My family's actually from Midland and we were supposed to move to Houston but then my dad got this job in Dallas... and we ended up here!
Then you have to come visit me with some texas goodies ehehehe i probably back home in march for a couple of weeks!
I moved here last year and i've been studying at the Accademia of Belle Arti in Florence!