help - are skinny jeans flattering on short women?

i think it really depends on how thin u are.
tall girls w/ a bit of thickness can get away with wearing skinnies, i feel.
but w/short girls- a bit of thickness might not be as flattering.
im 5 2". weigh about 116. a lot of times when i wear skinnies- i feel both short and like my thighs are sausages. however- when i pair them w/high heels- i feel like my legs are super long. :smile:
basically what im trying to say is- pair your skinnies w/heels.

i don't think it has anything to do with height- i think whether skinnies will be flattering depends on your proportion. if you're short, but your legs in proportion to your body are normal or long, they'll look great! personally i'm tall but with short legs, so they're not the greatest on me (but i still wear em anyway).

they're also a good thing to have for tucking into boots or wearing with tunics.

i think as long as your legs are proportionally long to your body, then you should be fine. i'm 5'0 with a 29" inseam and i just bought my second pair of skinnies this past weekend - think if you have slim legs they're quite elongating!

picture time! i tried to demonstrate the hip-length shirt thing too :P

attachment.php
attachment.php

LVPiggy WOW you look totally 5'7 and upwards. totally ROCKING in skinny jeans and louboutins.

I am a shortie too, and live in skinnies....I don't really wear 4 inch heels any more, much less look as fabulous as LVPiggy!! So I wear them with tall boots (tucked in). Really makes your legs look long...otherwise, cuff them with ballet flats. You can definitely wear skinny jeans if you are petite ;)

I am a little under 5 foot tall with a 28 inch inseam and I LOVE skinny jeans.

I stopped wearing bootcut altogether because they just do not work for me (plus you HAVE to wear heels so that the hem doesn't sweep the ground). I've seen skinny jeans on curvier and very thin petites and they look slimming on both.

i am 5'0, 105 and am so happy that skinny jeans are in style because they show off my petite-ness rather than making me look heavier/frumpy, which i now feel flared and bootcut jeans did.

I'm 5'2" 120 pounds and only where skinny jeans now. I mostly wear them with flats or tucked into boots unless I'm going out, which isn't very often these days. I have a a wide waste and slim hips so I think skinny jeans give me an illusion of having curves. As the other ladies mentioned I think it depends on your body shape.

I'm 5'1", 120lbs and I pretty much stick to skinnies and straight leg...

Here's a (blurry) pic of me today wearing my William Rast skinnies.

Pic003-4.jpg

(terrible pic, but the only full length I have of me in skinnies)