help appraising my vintage dior?

bradlee

Jun 9, 2019
hello! i was wondering if you fellow dior lovers could help me out appraising one of my bags.

it isn’t in the best condition, but i did get it from a thrift store tucked away in a bin for $1, and it’s around 40 years old, so there isn’t much i can complain about, hehe.

(slight white discoloration here. wondering if this could be cleaned.)

(i believe that there was hardware that originally hung from this zipper, so that probably devalues it quite a bit)

(the lining and brand engraving are in pretty rough shape i must admit )

bradlee

Jun 9, 2019
I’d keep it as is for now and enjoy.
i’m a vintage collector, so i don’t plan on selling it— at least any time soon. i mostly just wanted to know some opinions out of curiosity and for reference.

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
Toronto
hello! i was wondering if you fellow dior lovers could help me out appraising one of my bags.

it isn’t in the best condition, but i did get it from a thrift store tucked away in a bin for $1, and it’s around 40 years old, so there isn’t much i can complain about, hehe.

(i believe that there was hardware that originally hung from this zipper, so that probably devalues it quite a bit)

If you sold that on Ebay, I think it would sell for a bit under $100USD from what I have seen.

Reactions: chicinthecity777

bradlee

Jun 9, 2019
If you sold that on Ebay, I think it would sell for a bit under $100USD from what I have seen.
hmm, that’s interesting- maybe so. the popularity of dior oblique items has risen exponentially in the last couple years or so since being worn a lot by celebrities and influencers, so it’s been hard for me to find anything online at all with the monogram for under $100. this particular bag is not in the best shape, though, so you’re probably right.

Reactions: averagejoe

TraceySH

OUT HIKING! & searching for Yeti
Feb 28, 2016

Fun find! But....not much. Dior is not a brand that appreciates in value unfortunately, and most of the time resale even for current/ newer bags is abysmal. Enjoy your score!

bradlee

Jun 9, 2019
Fun find! But....not much. Dior is not a brand that appreciates in value unfortunately, and most of the time resale even for current/ newer bags is abysmal. Enjoy your score!
thank you! i love the 70’s vibe of the jacquard dior oblique pattern, so i’ll definitely keep!

Reactions: TraceySH