HELP! ANYONE LIVING IN KOREA or in general

helpneeded101

Oct 16, 2020
I stupidly booked a surgery appointment for tomorrow morning and was told I need to pay by cash 3 million won but I only realised now that my bank limits cash withdrawals around 300,000 won a day. I already paid a deposit and the appointment is non changeable so idk what to do fnjaranfrjfaskwkf. I was thinking to get in contact with someone in Korea and transfer money to their account and maybe they can withdraw money for me but idk anyone here and it seems risky as hell but desperate times calls for desperate measures. Anyways Im pretty much fu--ed. Lord jesus help my dumbass out. if any of you have suggestions on what to do that would be great:sad:(

Reactions: jamelia

xanncy

Oct 10, 2019
Honestly, I would try to renegotiate with your clinic, unless someone can withdraw money for you. I had this issue when I was in Korea, when my bank flagged my attempt to withdraw a large amount of funds as fraud (even though I already told them I was traveling in Korea...) and locked my account until the day after my surgery. I explained the issue to the clinic and they allowed me to pay with credit (albeit with the stipulation that I'd have to post a review and allow them to use my photos partially on their website). FWIW, the clinic will likely try to work something out with you-- they don't want to lose out on your surgery money, either.

Reactions: helpneeded101

helpneeded101

Oct 16, 2020
Honestly, I would try to renegotiate with your clinic, unless someone can withdraw money for you. I had this issue when I was in Korea, when my bank flagged my attempt to withdraw a large amount of funds as fraud (even though I already told them I was traveling in Korea...) and locked my account until the day after my surgery. I explained the issue to the clinic and they allowed me to pay with credit (albeit with the stipulation that I'd have to post a review and allow them to use my photos partially on their website). FWIW, the clinic will likely try to work something out with you-- they don't want to lose out on your surgery money, either.
thanks for the reply! I did try to negotiate with them and sadly I'm paying almost a million more since I still wanted to pay by card :/ they said either that or I have to with draw cash everyday until I reach 3 million and I honestly don't have time for that. I really wish I had someone to withdraw money for me but tough luck I guess. Anyone going for a procedure in Korea, make sure you know what your payment method is at least a few weeks before so you are prepared !!!

miiigooksaram

Feb 11, 2020
Go to your bank and have them lift the limit. You can set it so there's no limit on how much you can transfer. You might have to fill out paperwork. I had to do the very thing when I put down 10 million won for my apartment deposit. Hope this helps.

miiigooksaram

Feb 11, 2020
Also, you shouldn't be paying for this in cash. You should be using your card so that there is a paper trail/proof. Them asking you to pay in cash is a little sketchy and not normal for surgeries here.