Help! Another Silvana Obsession

My Lisette

Sep 20, 2009
Thanks for letting me pop into the Fendi thread. I am usually in Hermes or BV but...
I am obsessed with this Silvana bag. I saw it recently at Neiman and can not get my mind off of it and beleive me, I have tried. Love the versitility of the brown, black, camel and blue. Of course I have convinced myself (almost) that it will go with everything I own.

It is pricey at $8100. But if you could help me with three questions:

Is it classsic enough to last for many years?
Do you like it?
Would you buy it, even for $8100 (BTW, I know I could get another Hermes Kelly for this price, but am not in the market for another one)

Honesty, now matter how bold, will be appreciated! = )

Attachments

Elyssabeth

Mercury
O.G.
Jan 30, 2006
I like this bag and have seen versions of it in the boutique. If it was 1k or less I'd consider it. But for me I would not spend 8k on it. A bag has to be larger in size and practical for me to spend that kind of money. It's nice but not 8k nice.

Flip88

Jan 16, 2010
My Lisette said:
Thanks for letting me pop into the Fendi thread. I am usually in Hermes or BV but...
I am obsessed with this Silvana bag. I saw it recently at Neiman and can not get my mind off of it and beleive me, I have tried. Love the versitility of the brown, black, camel and blue. Of course I have convinced myself (almost) that it will go with everything I own.

It is pricey at $8100. But if you could help me with three questions:

Is it classsic enough to last for many years?
Do you like it?
Would you buy it, even for $8100 (BTW, I know I could get another Hermes Kelly for this price, but am not in the market for another one)

Honesty, now matter how bold, will be appreciated! = )
I do like it but, as you say, another Kelly for that.

Sinatra

O.G.
Feb 18, 2009
At the moment, Disenchanted
I think that it is a beautiful bag and classic in styling, though I am not sure how long that colorblocking will be in vogue. Regarding the price, I don't really get it as there is so little crocodile on the bag which I assume is what makes it so much pricier than the other Silvana bags.

Bottom line, love it but not at that price. I think this bag came out in late 2010 so wait for it to go on sale!

Leda

Sep 6, 2011
as far as i´m concerned this bag, the one with the part in crodoile, exotic leather as everyone call it, cost much less then this, I got informed somewhere in here, it costs 4620 euros

Leda

Sep 6, 2011
I´m a big fan of fendi bags, for sure, you bet
since I was very young, and i´ve started to learn about these great marks
and to make myself dressed like an adult person, I´ve used to reed those french
Vogues and Harper´s magasines.
I´ve had my frist Fendi in a trip to Rome , I´ve bought it in the Palazzo Fendi, a classic model of this great italian label.

And now I´ve felt in love with this Silvana, the one made in ostrich and crododile leather, all in blue, a fade blue color one, almost lilah. beautiful and i wonder if I can find one of this in Italy, in a Fendi store, of course.Or it must be ordered, only?

has anyone out here heard about it, someone who could inform about it
I laounch this question to the purseforum and their members ,ok?

Thanks a lot