Help and advice

MissMargaux

TooMuchTrouble
O.G.
Aug 17, 2008
Hello, as I've said, I'm knew here, but I love this place already.

To all sharing your pics of your beautiful H bags and accessories, thank you for sharing.

I love H stuff.

Ok, I'm starting to travel more and more and I want a bag that I can wear cross body. I have two birkins but they are heavy for me. I'm a breast cancer survivor and I'm not supposed to carry to heavy with one arm.

I like a bag with a zipper compartment inside. I will be in Paris in 2 weeks and want one to use there. I may go to my local H store, but it's tiny and see what they have. My usual SA is on vacation and I don't know who else is working there now. I knew a few SAs there but not sure last week I didn't know any that were there.

Anway any suggestions would be great. I've not been to the store in Paris, any suggestions, are selections good in Paris? Should I wait?

All advice is most welcome
thank you in advance

You should consider the new Silky City Messenger. It's very light, comes in two sizes that hold a lot, and has a small zippered bag inside. The Evelyne is another cross body option but it does not have the interior zipped compartment. There is also the new Jypsiere but I believe it's rather heavy. If you are willing to consider a shoulder bag, try the Victoria FT or the Lindy. here are threads with pictures of all these if you do a search. Good luck!

Florasum thank you

and thank you mistikat, I've not seen the Silky City Messenger but it sounds like it's perfect. I really need a cross body this time around. I might consider a shoulder another time. I would love a Jypsiere I was thinking of that but if it's heavy I'd rather not at this time. The link didn't work :sad: unforunately

Thank you so much for the advice, anyone else please feel free to jump in.

I'm not an expert on H Bags either, only ones I can think of is an Evelyn or the new Jypsiere? I think the Lindy or a small Kelly with the straps will not be as heavy if you buy the Toile/Fabric combinations as well?

Also, I wanted to wish you an enjoyable trip to Paris and hugs to a speedy recovery!

Hi accessorize me and thank you. It's been 8 years and almost 3 months that I'm in remission, June 6th 2000 is when I became cancer free touch wood. I appreciate your good wishes too.

Thank you for the advice. I just wish I knew if they are easily available or are they as hard to come by as the Birkins.

And is the store in Paris well stocked?

MissMargaux, big congratulations on your recovery!! :heart::heart:
Like others have suggested I think the Silk City Messenger is a great choice as well as an Evelyn MM. The Lindy is very light weight as well but it only goes over the shoulder, still worth checking out I think.

If you are heading to Paris. Have a fabulous trip! :tup: