Help an incoming male university student!

Which bag should I purchase?

• Monogram Canvas Messenger PM Bosphore

• Damier Canvas Olav PM

• Monogram Canvas Pochette Bosphore

• I have another idea, let me post below for you ...

Results are only viewable after voting.

kiwietnana

Jul 25, 2008
Hi everyone!

I'm in desperate help :cursing: !!! I have been looking at TPF for over two weeks now, searching for the perfect LV bag that I could use regarly to carry my necessities i.e. a few sheets of paper, my mobile, my keys, my wallet and pencil case ... I have been looking at the Monogram Messenger PM Bosphore, the Damier Canvas Olav PM and the Pochette Bosphore ... After two weeks of thinking, I still can't come to a conclusion :shrugs: ... It's doing my head in as I need to buy this bag in next 2 weeks before I leave home for my first year of University :sweatdrop: !!!

Basically, I intend to use this bag on fairly regular basis to my lectures/lessons at least twice a week and I will be travelling by bus everyday, my budget is £450 as I am also going to buy a Monogram Keepall 50 upon deciding this bag :idea:... After seeing many threads about the Monogram Messenger PM Bosphore, I am concerned that the vachetta might get stained or even worse, damaged ... I really do prefer the idea of a Monogram Canvas bag because it's always a classic but then again if upon regular usage it will get damaged and stained heavily over just a couple of months, then I would much rather get the Olav PM as it is a certain option that won't fail me and my tight student budget ... If anyone does own any of these items, please post a modelling picture on this thread to help me, I would greatly appreciate any help :tup:

1ST IMAGE - Monogram Canvas Messenger PM Bosphore - http://i24.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/db/86/9e59_2.JPG

2ND IMAGE - Damier Canvas Olav PM -
moz-screenshot.jpg
http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/eLuxury/p10599088_ph_hero?$hero$

3RD IMAGE - Pochette Bosphore - http://i1.iofferphoto.com/img/item/235/372/72/24808977_1.jpg

Please post something to help me :woohoo: !!!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE EVERYONE
:tup: :tup:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    6.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 46
I would get the bosphore GM that way it can also hold books. It is also large enough to hold a notebook. Plus it looks masculine. The vachetta darkens. There is not a lot on the bag to worry about.

I noticed you got your picture of the Pochette Bosphore from ioffer, which is well known for selling fakes! If that's what you have in mind you should really second guess because there is nothing better than an Authentic LV bag!

To me, the Olav is too square once upon the body. Out of your choices, I'd choose the PM Bosphore. It sports a more casual appeal and functional for your needs.

I'm not too keen on the Beaubourg, I would prefer a messenger style bag but thank you very much for the input LVuittonLuvr :tup:

Kenzo89 - Is the Olav seriously square like? Would it be too smart for day-to-day errands and lectures?

I have the Pochette Bosphere, and I don't think it's ideal when you put anything significant in size in it. All I would put in it are: my wallet, my key holder, my Ipod, and lip balm. Anything more (ie such as a pencil case) would be too bulky and the bag is no longer flat and it loses that shape.

I would go with the Olav of the 3 choices. Have you considered the smaller bags from the graphite collection?

I am biased against the mono.... I know its a classic, but at uni for a guy, the damier would be my choice. It does not scream LV. All 3 are nice though.

I know what you mean LondonSoho7 :tup:

Thanks a lot for all the input from everyone :yes:

Stylefriend - Do you have the Rem? Would that be suitable for day-to-day use for all the things you said earlier i.e mobile, lip balm, wallet, keys? :confused1: