help an ebay newbie

momma22

Jan 7, 2010
I posted and sold a watch on ebay. The seller has not paid yet, the watch sold on Mon, and each morning I wake and have a new question from the buyer. I don't understand why they didn't them ask during the 7 day auction. Is this normal??? I am new to selling, as a buyer I pay instantly. It never occurred to me that people would bid, and then start asking. I am afraid this person as gotten cold feet.

Yes, I agree, questions should be asked BEFORE bidding. You might want to nicely ask your buyer if he/she is having second thoughts, would they agree to mutually cancel the transaction, so you can get your fees back, relist and move on.

The seller has not paid yet, the watch sold on Mon, and each morning I wake and have a new question from the buyer. I don't understand why they didn't them ask during the 7 day auction. Is this normal???

Its not normal but it is not unheard of. Getting a new question every day though is a bit over the top and can cause a seller to worry that the buyer is going to be an ongoing problem. I would offer to cancel the transaction through a mutual NPB and relist. She has to agree to the mutual for you to get your fees back. If she still wants it and does pay, ship it to her and hope you don't hear from her again.

I think it sounds like buyers remorse or they are really just that unsure. What kind of questions are you getting? Normally when I get that many questions I know if they pay it is most likely coming back to me. I agree I would cancel the transaction and sell to someone who is easier to deal with. if you cancel the transaction I would also block this buyer.

Thanks for your replies. I finally got into a conversation with the buyer, they are little nervous but I sent them more pictures of my item and hopefully that relieves any anxiety. Otherwise, if I don't get payment I will offer to walk away. I just don't want buyers remorse and to have to deal with returns and such. I don't know how you sellers do it. I think I will stick to buying :smile:

Thanks for your replies. I finally got into a conversation with the buyer, they are little nervous but I sent them more pictures of my item and hopefully that relieves any anxiety. Otherwise, if I don't get payment I will offer to walk away. I just don't want buyers remorse and to have to deal with returns and such. I don't know how you sellers do it. I think I will stick to buying :smile:

It is tough to be a seller. sometimes transactions go really right but I would say andother 30-40% of the time it takes a lot of leg work. You are doing the right thing. Even if you do not sell much you still have to look at it as a business transaction. any extar work is the cost of doing "business"

The newbie buyers I've had that required a lot of "hand-holding", turned out to be very sweet and appreciative of the extra effort. (I'm knocking on the hardwood floor, as I type)