HELP Am I making too big of a deal of it???

dollsjen

O.G.
Apr 22, 2009
Okay so I asked my bf to get me a pair of Ferragamo classic bow flats for me on his trip to NYC coz our local department store never have my size in that style. So he came back and gave me my shoes ---- without the box! I was literally freaking out coz I told him about not throwing away my box before and I have to put my shoes in their shoe boxes. So he tried to ask his sister who is in NYC to send me the box but his siter thinks this is the dumbest thing she's ever heard (referring to sending the shoe box in a box). I thought as a woman she would understand more why I care so much about my stuff in their original boxes. I feel like a b!tch to ask her to do something like this but at the same time it bothers me so much to see my shoes not in their boxes! It just got me thinking if im making too big of a deal of it??

Also, I don't know what's with my feet... I had a couple of Ferragamo heels and flats( the one with the tiny bow) before and they were size 6. But the flats I got this time feels like a size 5!! Its just so uncomfortable and tight. I feel so sad now :sad:

I have OCD about keeping stuff like shoeboxes. To the extent that I actually keep all the bags, tags, cases, receipts of every piece of designer clothing or shoes I buy. So I don't think you are.

Go to Walmart and get a plastic shoe box and quit worrying about it. Life's too short. Also, there is a spray you can buy that you spray your shoes with and then wear them and they stretch. It works beautifully. Or else, send 'em back and rebuy somewhere else, then you will get a box.

The box is not a big deal except that he shouldn't have gotten rid of it before you could try the shoes on, since you need to exchange them now. You should not freak out on your BF or on his sister, though. Thank your BF for being sweet enough to get you your shoes but explain that you need the box always always in case it doesn't fit, and you prefer to always have the box anyway. I would try to involve his sister as little as possible. You are asking for favors all around, and while I don't know your relationship to his fam I would go huge circles out of my way to be totally angelic to them.

Next time maybe do a send order.

And this should be in R&F. There is only one thing you can do from a shoe perspective, get the shoes and box back together and exchange.

If you know you're particular, you should always take care of things yourself (as someone suggested, call the store and do a charge send) -- or write explicit instructions down for your BF next time.

Since it's "over and done with" (unless you're going to plan and do an exchange), just use another shoebox or a plastic shoebox as suggested and take a photo of the shoes and tape them on the short side of the box.

Totally agree with Plain Jane Doe... as well as your other thread.. that it was very sweet of him to purchase the Black Balenciaga City (which you're saying that it's not black enough) for you on his trip to NYC.

I'd do send orders next time ;)

Okay so I asked my bf to get me a pair of Ferragamo classic bow flats for me on his trip to NYC coz our local department store never have my size in that style. So he came back and gave me my shoes ---- without the box! I was literally freaking out coz I told him about not throwing away my box before and I have to put my shoes in their shoe boxes. So he tried to ask his sister who is in NYC to send me the box but his siter thinks this is the dumbest thing she's ever heard (referring to sending the shoe box in a box). I thought as a woman she would understand more why I care so much about my stuff in their original boxes. I feel like a b!tch to ask her to do something like this but at the same time it bothers me so much to see my shoes not in their boxes! It just got me thinking if im making too big of a deal of it??

Also, I don't know what's with my feet... I had a couple of Ferragamo heels and flats( the one with the tiny bow) before and they were size 6. But the flats I got this time feels like a size 5!! Its just so uncomfortable and tight. I feel so sad now :sad:

The Ferragamo that my mother buys come in different width fittings so they might just be narrower.

I agree about the boxes for my more expensive shoes and boots. You are not alone with wanting the box - I think it's normal. After all the sell them with the box.

It would annoy me not to have the box too, especially if I specifically asked him to keep it... but I'd let it go after a while. Call the store and see what you can do - if nothing, just get an alternate clear storage box for the shoes, and do your own shopping next time.
sorry babes :sad: xo

I know there is nothing I can do about the box situation right now, but its nice to know that I am not the only one that feels bothered by it :]
I just found out I could send my shoes to some shoe repair store and have it stretched overnight (instead of just stretching them for 5 min or so in department stores). I think that way I will solve the size problem.

Just out of curiosity though, I went to try on a couple of Ferragamo flats today(apparently the boutique just got new shipments), and all the size 6B is so much bigger than the ones I have. I asked the SA how come there is such a big difference (one pinky difference) when the size and the width are labeled the same. He said its probably because of factories that made them are different, and that every shipment the size is kinda different too. I still have doubts about his response, but I dont know why would Ferragamo make sizes different to cause troubles for their customers? I always thought Ferragamo is pretty true to size too... Unless they did it to avoid people buying them from *bay or something (I heard sth about this before). Anywayzz just a little thoughts after finding out the size difference today.