HELP!: Altering / elongating a Dionysus chain

Piarpreet

O.G.
Sep 16, 2012
I have this dionysus i love but the intricate beading on it is delicate and my using it as a shoulder bag i damaged some stones! I want to know if you know where I could make it longer or maybe find a old silver/ruthenium strap alternative.

Hi Piarpeet :smile:
Perhaps if you include a photograph of your bag it would be easier to visualise your problem with the chain, and how to fit it.
Are you concerned with your arm and body rubbing on an embroidery?

Wow the feathers are amazing and yes I see you are worried about brushing your arm against it. I am a dedicated shoulder bag wearer so I would probably persist (wearing both doubled and long) but try to be as careful as possible.
Do you think the extra length will help you take the bag very low and away from your arm? I would worry that too long and the strap could cause the bag to swing out and hit things.
I know gucci would not be happy to change the strap or vary the design, and I wouldn't trust myself to do a chain swap over either.
The hardware on the Dionysus is very good quality I have found and it will be hard to match the hardware properly.
I'm not sure what to say except to congratulate you on a lovely bag. I bet it is smashing irl.
Perhaps some other people will chime in.

So I went ahead and removed the chain to use a black leather typical clasp strap that I can wear crossbody. I wanna be able to wear this comfortably. Will update when I am able to find something prettier!

Reactions: floatinglili
The chain length on this bag is one of the reasons I passed on it. Just didn't find it versatile enough for my lifestyle. Your bag is beautiful hope u find a solution that works for u Xx