Help! Alma BB in Amethyst Vernis or Epi Fuschia?

Jul 26, 2013
Hi ladies! I need your advice. I am itching to get an Alma BB but can't decide between Amethyst Vernis and Epi Fuschia. Some background info is I am a mom of a 3 year old and most of my bags are in neutral colors (black, white, taupe). I recently bought one bright fuschia bag from Rebecca Minkoff to try out a bright small bag and decided that I can handle some color in my life :smile:. I wear a lot of neutrals and some prints and bright colors. I'd be using this bag on the weekends or evenings only (not for work), both with and without my child.

I love the Epi Fuschia because it's carefree and logo free. The SA said it would be easier to wear. However, the Amethyst in Vernis is stunning and purple is one of my and my daughter's favorite colors. To me it is such a beautiful bag. But I am worried about wear and tear and color transfer. Do you think the color is trendy or classic?

Which do you think I should pick? Practical Epi or stunning but more high maintainance vernis?? Thanks for your help!

Hi ladies! I need your advice. I am itching to get an Alma BB but can't decide between Amethyst Vernis and Epi Fuschia. Some background info is I am a mom of a 3 year old and most of my bags are in neutral colors (black, white, taupe). I recently bought one bright fuschia bag from Rebecca Minkoff to try out a bright small bag and decided that I can handle some color in my life :smile:. I wear a lot of neutrals and some prints and bright colors. I'd be using this bag on the weekends or evenings only (not for work), both with and without my child.

I love the Epi Fuschia because it's carefree and logo free. The SA said it would be easier to wear. However, the Amethyst in Vernis is stunning and purple is one of my and my daughter's favorite colors. To me it is such a beautiful bag. But I am worried about wear and tear and color transfer. Do you think the color is trendy or classic?

Which do you think I should pick? Practical Epi or stunning but more high maintainance vernis?? Thanks for your help!
Oo hard choice! I was also debating on the same thing! Between a BB in vernis or epi.
I chose the vernis because it's stunning and I feel I would be much happier with that. Of course I'd like one in Epi but I'd like a PM in that one.
Vernis isn't really that hard to take care of.
I have the Alma PM in Amarante and I've taken it alone or with the kids. I don't think there will be color transfer with the Amethyst one because that is a darker color. It's a hard choice but I usually go for the one that I can't stop thinking about. If you got the Epi, would you still think about the Amethyst and vice versa. And also I got the vernis because I already have a ton of every day/practical bags.

I would vote for the really special Amethyste Vernis. It's a perfect color for the smaller sized Alma BB. That way it won't be too loud, but just the right pop of color.

Can you just see the smile on DD's face when she sees you carrying that purple? Plus she can think to herself, "One day that will be mine! Hehe"

I love the Epi in Fuchsia too.

Both are great choices IMHO.

Good Luck deciding! :biggrin:

I totally see the dilemma!!!

The Amethyst is really a pretty colour and I also would say carefree because it's a darker colour - no worry for colour transfer... But I would go for the Epi in Fuchsia! Because on the patent of the Vernis leather you see easily finger prints and I don't want to end up rubbing with the cloth you get with the Vernis bags like regularly just because there are finger prints or whatever... I have the Alma BB Vernis in Noir Magnetique and because it's black you don't see the fingers prints or something else easily, but Amethyst is lighter than black... plus, like you said: Epi doesn't scream LV as much as with the Vernis because with Epi you don't have the logo all over the bag..

So Epi Fuchsia is my choice!!

Both are beautiful. I have 6 Alma BB, 4 of them are Vernis. With Vernis you have to baby it more than the Epi. But I would pick Vernis it is so shiny and gorgeous.

I hate dilemmas like that! Can't you buy both???
I have the epi fuchsia BB and also one in vernis, in a light colour called givre. I wear both quite often, cannot say which one more. Both of your choices are great!
First I bought epi BB for the same reasons you wrote -carefree, no logos. And after 8 months I added the vernis BB, I wanted some shiny and light coloured BB.
I know I am no help, sorry, tough decision :thinking::thinking::thinking:

I would vote for the really special Amethyste Vernis. It's a perfect color for the smaller sized Alma BB. That way it won't be too loud, but just the right pop of color.

Can you just see the smile on DD's face when she sees you carrying that purple? Plus she can think to herself, "One day that will be mine! Hehe"

I love the Epi in Fuchsia too.

Both are great choices IMHO.

Good Luck deciding! :biggrin:
ITA, go with the Amethyste!

I think the Epi in Fuschia will be more versatile than the Vernis Amethyste. I love both colors and have something in each, but I'd say the Epi will be more useful. GL deciding. :tup:

Thank you ladies for your opinions!! :ty: You are the best!

I am leaning towards the amethyst vernix now...it is such a beautiful little gem of a bag, although maybe down the road I may consider an Epi to add...:graucho: