Help! Alma bb hardware discoloration

Princess.T

Sep 5, 2013
Has this ever happened to anyone's alma? I just noticed the hardware clasp on the alma bb strap had horrible discolorations on it. I've only used this bag a handful of times in the last 4 years! When not in use I put the strap in a small LV dust bag and the dust bag in the bb then I put the bb in another dust bag. There's only so much I can do to protect this bag! I've tried to clean it with soap and water as well as the magnasonic jewelry cleanser and it didn't do a thing. Anyone have any experience bringing this issue to the LV store to get it fixed? and if so how much did it cost?

Attachments

• IMG_3043.JPG
    IMG_3043.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 668
  • IMG_3044.JPG
    IMG_3044.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 726
  • IMG_3045.JPG
    IMG_3045.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 654
  • IMG_3046.JPG
    IMG_3046.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 662
Yes just happened to me with a barely used 2 month old bag. I took it into my LV store and they replaced it free of charge. Happened to have the strap in stock. SA said they usually have to order them in.

Has this ever happened to anyone's alma? I just noticed the hardware clasp on the alma bb strap had horrible discolorations on it. I've only used this bag a handful of times in the last 4 years! When not in use I put the strap in a small LV dust bag and the dust bag in the bb then I put the bb in another dust bag. There's only so much I can do to protect this bag! I've tried to clean it with soap and water as well as the magnasonic jewelry cleanser and it didn't do a thing. Anyone have any experience bringing this issue to the LV store to get it fixed? and if so how much did it cost?
If you clean it with SIDOL they became new.. this could happen After years... try Sidol ;)

Reactions: Princess.T
Try polishing your hardware.

Yep, I've experienced this. I was shipped an empreinte speedy with this same issue. They said it happened from a bad batch of gold coating and that when the purses are stored in the hot factories too long it starts to bring the dark spots. They gave me a whole new bag. Since you've had your bag for 4 years, definitely have them give you a new strap. The new bag they gave me is now 2 years old and has no issues with the gold but they told me if it happens again bring it in and they'll take care of it. LVs quality control has declined rapidly but they stand behind their products so they take care of the many arising issues people are starting to have with them.

Yep, I've experienced this. I was shipped an empreinte speedy with this same issue. They said it happened from a bad batch of gold coating and that when the purses are stored in the hot factories too long it starts to bring the dark spots. They gave me a whole new bag. Since you've had your bag for 4 years, definitely have them give you a new strap. The new bag they gave me is now 2 years old and has no issues with the gold but they told me if it happens again bring it in and they'll take care of it. LVs quality control has declined rapidly but they stand behind their products so they take care of the many arising issues people are starting to have with them.
I'm glad to hear it's not something I'm doing/neglecting with my alma. it was just the strap, the hardware on the BB is completely fine! My strap is currently shipped out for repair and I should be getting it back in 4 weeks or so. Thanks for easing my mind!

I'm glad to hear it's not something I'm doing/neglecting with my alma. it was just the strap, the hardware on the BB is completely fine! My strap is currently shipped out for repair and I should be getting it back in 4 weeks or so. Thanks for easing my mind!

You're welcome. Yep, it was just my strap too just like yours. It's just a defect from a bad batch that they told me happens when sitting in the hot warehouses too long. But they told me I should get a whole new bag so it wouldn't show up on the purses attached hardware later. So I did. But LV is terrific about standing behind their products so that's comforting :smile:.

Reactions: Loulouuk