Help! (Again...) My First VP - Bling Bling/Specchio Leather - Heels Are Slipping

bagpunk

Oct 31, 2006
So I received my most overpriced CL - the Pewter Specchio Bling Bling - in the post today. I was so excited. After ripping through the packaging and put them on my feet, I thought, YES! fit me perfectly with the half size up! Then I took my first step... and ooops.... the left heel slipped, then the right....

So I took my gel scholl ball of feet paddings (the only padding I have which will not stick out the front of the peep-toe). The toe box became soooo tight, but the back no longer slip....

Is there any other way to solve this problem without making the toe boxes so tight?

I mean, not only it is extremely uncomfortable around the toes and the front of the feet this way (as if I was wearing something half a size too small, so might as well bought my true size rather than half a size up - not that this is an option for this pair, but for future ref), but also, I thought in the long run, I am going to end up having to add more and more front paddings as the toe boxes stretch and stretch and the feet slipped further forward anyway....

I remembered somewhere that someone cut something into two and place them on the sides of the heels? The problem is that most of the product talked about here I am unfamiliar with.... But if I can get them online and they ship internationally, I can always take your recommendations and buy them via the internet.

Thanks gals!!!

Last edited:
Yep you can remove it and replace it without problem. The adhesive is not super strong, so removing the grips and replacing them all the time eventually will make them not stick good enough. But I don't mind this since I don't want a super strong glue on the heel grip in case it destroys my shoe.

Last edited:
that is exactly my concern with the last heel grip i had. it took some time to see how they work best for your feet but by the time to stick them in there you are stuck with them like that forever.... good to know this one can peel off. will look for them and see if i can find some in brick and mortar shop around here.

there was a thread somewhere about various padding products... let me take a look if i can find it.

yeah the problem with foot petals is that after you put them on, they're very sticky and will leave sticky residue if you peel them off after a while. i found that out the hard way. my problem with the other heel grips though is that if they're not very sticky, i tend to peel them off whenever i slide my foot into the shoe ...or they just peel off easily...which annoys me...but the dr scholls stuff is good as well. thicker than foot petals, i believe.

www.footpetals.com is the site.

i guess the important question now is this: in the future, if i were to order another VP, does this mean i should stick to my non-CL size of 36? since the 36.5 kept slipping at the back and after paddings, they felt like 36 anyway...? (hurtful toe boxes etc)

i guess the important question now is this: in the future, if i were to order another VP, does this mean i should stick to my non-CL size of 36? since the 36.5 kept slipping at the back and after paddings, they felt like 36 anyway...? (hurtful toe boxes etc)

I'm having the same problem with my Architeks but would rather compensate for the slip factor by adding an insole or padding. I can't tolerate painful toe boxes.

However, if you buy your usual size, you may be able to stretch them out. Ask a cobbler to do so.

If it's only the heels that are slipping out, what about just adding foot petals cushion pads (on the heel)?

Let us know how it works out!!

heya lin. i have the same problem with the pigalle, believe it or not... the half size up was great on the toe boxes but the back kept slipping (not as badly as the VP) so i have to pad them anyway...

the thing is, the paddings actually made the toe boxes as tight as if they were half a size down...! you know what i mean... so each time, they all felt as if i have not gone half a size up anyway....

Last edited:
bagpunk, if you cut them in half and place them on the sides instead of putting the whole thing in the back, they don't push your foot forward as much. i did this with my declics and the difference was amazing.